Chapter 41

*Chapter 41*

Trent's POV:

2 weeks later

The stress is eating me alive. My hopes of Annabelle coming home have dropped quite a bit. I don't tell eople that though because I need to be strong for Easton.

We've become really good friends out of this mess. We are going through the same situation which in some ways is nice because I'm not going through this alone.

There's been a search party out everyday since she's been gone (except first 48 hours). No sign of anything that could lead to her and Lily. I don't know what to do with myself.

Hayley is at school. She's been having a hard time understanding what's going on. Our twins are cranky because they haven't seen their mother in half a month.

Speaking of them, they're crying.  I walk out of my bedroom and into their room. They're both standing up while holding onto the edge of their cribs. Addy has her signature bottom lip stuck out while Aidan is throwing a fit.

I walk over Addy and pick her up, causing Aidan to scream in jealousy. I roll my eyes and pick him up. I place him on my opposite hip.

"Happy?" I asked and they just stare at me.

I place Aidan down because I'm so freaking exhausted, it's hard enough just carrying Addy, and she ways nothing. I will hold him next.

Aidan screams when I place him down.  "Oh hush, you're fine!" I scolded quietly. I take his only hand and walk him over to the couch.

Addison talks a lot now, though. It's mostly babbling but she's getting there. Same with Aidan. His first word was Mummy. I was jealous at first but then I got over it. I'm so proud of him. I'm so proud of them.

They're both getting pretty good at walking now. They still fall all over the place though.

I sit Addy on the couch and I lift up Aidan. I place him right next to her. Addy screams at me because he loves to be held. "Addison Marie."

She keeps screaming and crying. I'm already going through a lot and her screaming doesn't help. I walk over and knee in front of her.

"Stop whining." I said and she squirms and screams. I take her little hand in mine and smack it with just enough power so she knows what's she's doing isn't okay.

She cries even harder. I groan and pick her up. I pat her back and give her a little bounce.

"You're okay." I cooed, tiredly. I peck her cheek as she calms down. "I'm going to put a movie in, okay."

I carry over a tearful Addy to the DVD stand. I pick out an old spongebob episode and put it in.

I walk over to the couch and sit next to Aidan. I place Addy on my lap. She lays her head on my chest(facing the TV) and scrunches up into a ball on my lap.

I rub her small back. She's a daddy's girl. I run my hands through her growing hair.

"My baby girl. My baby boy." I cooed to both of them. The reason Addy cries a lot is because she misses her mummy. I just hope she comes home soon. Addison and I are a lot alike because right now, I'm screaming and crying on the inside for my Annabelle.

--

Annabelle's POV:

"Stand up!" Alex demanded harshly and weakly hope off the ground and onto my feet. He punches me in the stomach and I groan and bend over.

"I don't understand why we are here! Why didn't you just man up and go to Trent and Easton? You could've solved this another way but you're too much of a pussy." I yelled at him, instantly regretting it because he's going to kill me now.