Chapter 2

*Chapter 2*

Chloe's POV:

"Just tell me, dammit!" Ann screamed and I look over and see the man tell her something. Then she doesn't something I didn't expect and I gasp. She falls to the ground, holy shit.

"ANN!" I hear Hayley scream and I look over at her and see her bawling hysterically. I run from the other side of the book shelf to where she is and  pick her up. I do everything I can to comfort her but obviously she wants her sister.

I see Gracie over in front of Ann. You can tell she's crying because her cheeks are blotchy. Gracie is on the phone. Gracie and the man help Ann up onto a seat. Ann hasn't woken up yet. I hold Hayley in my arms and walk over to Gracie.

"Gracie, who are you calling?" I asked, my stomach hurting badly from the scene. She looks at me and that's the only proof I need to know she's crying.

"An Ambulance. We need to get her to a doctor because she doesn't look good. I don't even know why she fainted." Gracie answered, sniffling.This only makes Hayley cry harder. The man in the uniform speaks up.

"Hello, my name is Geoff. I'm really good friends with her parents. I just gave Ann some terrible news. I didn't know she would faint. Would you like to know what happened?" He asked, sadly. Gracie and I nod. I don't want Hayley to hear this though.

"Um, sure. But I don't want Hayley to hear this.." I answered, softly. He nods understandingly.

"Yeah, I want Ann to be the one to tell her once she gets better." He said. By the look on his face, you can tell something seriously bad has happened. I'm afraid to know what it is.

"So how about I take Hayley back to the book shelf and you tell Gracie. She will tell me later." I said. They both nod and then I pick Hayley again and we walk to the book shelf.

Hayley won't stop crying and I have no idea what to do. I decided to grab my iPhone and head phones and put them in her ear. I put on One Thing by One Direction. I knew she likes them and I like them too. She smiled at me as a thank you.

I look over at Gracie and Geoff. I can tell he already told her. The look on her face is horrifying. My thoughts were interrupted by police officers and paramedics rushing over to Ann and putting her a stretcher. I put Hayley down in a chair.

My heart was beating a mile a minute. Then I break and start crying. I don't even know what happened and I'm crying.

A few moments later they have Ann in the Ambulance and they take off. I asked my dad if  we could go with Geoff and he said yes. I hold Hayley in my lap because he doesn't have a car seat. Now we're on our way to the hospital. On the way, Gracie tells me what happened.

--

Gracie's POV:

Before paramedics come, when he's about I tell her what happened

I watch Chloe take Hayley over to the bookshelf. Then I speak up.

"Hi. My name is Gracie. Please tell me what's going on?" I asked. He nods.

"Hi. Gracie. I'm sorry that you have to hear this. I'm sorry that your best friend has to go through this. I'm so sorry." He said, sadly. Ugh just tell me. Maybe that what Ann meant when she screamed Just tell me dammit!

I hold in a chuckle because thats so something she would do. Then nod my head as if I were saying go on.

"Ann's mother and father were both killed in war yesterday." Geoff whispered but I still heard him.