“So he claimed me when he was like what…two years old?” I scoffed. “I don’t think that counts.”

“Well both of the parents were happy that their son and daughter chose each other so they made it official,” Amos said.

“Hey, I didn’t get a say in this,” I complained. “I couldn’t even make any noise except cry!” Amos only shrugged.

“That kind of stuff just happens sometimes. You’re lucky that Brandon is actually a decent guy. If you really get to know him you would know but then again you have,” Amos snorted. “Very well.”

“What do you mean?” I snapped. He continued laughing at the memory he was keeping away from me. “Amos, come on.”

“You guys were like the couple of the town. Although you guys were pretty young that didn’t stop you two from being lovey dovy. And believe me when I say that you two really liked each other Gracie, I mean you two really liked each other,” Amos smirked. “I was always annoyed when Brandon would only visit us to hang with you.”

“That is the most disgusting thing I’ve ever heard in my life,” I spat. “I must’ve been a lunatic if I liked him that much.”

“Nope, you were the plain old Gracie like you are now, except the Brandon hating part,” Amos grinned.

“I have absolutely no idea why I liked such a player,” I pouted, hating how Amos kept smirking but as soon as I said it, his smile disappeared.

“He wasn’t always like this.” He spoke softly at first that I barely caught what he had said.

“What was he like before then?” I asked, hoping he couldn’t possibly prove me wrong.

“He used to be kind and caring to everyone around him so naturally he was very popular. Ever since that day with the hunters, he changed. He began to distance himself from everyone and became bitter and short on his temper.” Amos closed his eyes and sighed. “But hopefully you can get his stupid head of his straightened out. He’s already changing for you.”

“Is that so?” I mused. “How has he changed?”

“Well for once, he isn’t sleeping around with Alyssa since you arrived here,” Amos said, closely looking at my reaction which was pure disgust. “He’s trying to get you back but you’re being the stubborn person you are.”

“I can’t believe I liked him,” I scoffed to myself. How could I have liked such a stupid, idiotic guy? Amos suddenly stood up and put his finger quickly on his lips, signaling me to be quiet. “What?”

“He’s here,” Amos sighed and walked up to open the door.

“I don’t give a damn,” I mumbled. Crap. I was starting cuss more often. Derek told me those vulgar words were very un-lady like.

“Hey Amos,” Brandon’s husky voice came but thankfully Amos covered the doorway, giving me time to hide under my covers. Maybe he wouldn’t notice me then but I didn’t get my hopes up. I don’t think Brandon was that stupid although I wanted to believe it so.

“What do you want Brandon?” Amos asked, tiredly. “I don’t think it’s a good time for a visit, bro.”

“Come on. Let me just speak with her,” Brandon pleaded.

“I don’t think it’s the greatest choice,” I heard Amos’ muffled voice. It was getting hot inside the blanket and it was beginning to get harder to breathe.

“Come on man. You can’t stop me. I claimed her so she’s mine,” he said a little harsher. Anger boiled in my blood. I wasn’t a thing. I wasn’t owned. Of all things, I wasn’t his. I instantly pulled off the blankets and shoved Amos aside.