4 - Fix what's awkward

Demi's POV

After having a chat to Wilmer, I decided to man up and talk to Roxii. Wilmer game me his last words of encouragement before taking that awkward step with the relationship between my daughter and I.

I walked out the door of my bedroom and down the long hallway to Roxii's bedroom. I stopped at her bedroom door and took a deep breath in and exhaling all the anxiety. I knocked three times lightly on her door. She didn't respond so I knocked again with the same soft touch before saying calmly "Roxii babe, it's mom.. can you please open the door?" I thought she wasn't going to open the door. She must hate me at the moment, if not hate, she must be really disgusted in me. I was shocked, she opened the door after a few moments and going to sit in the end of her bed. I sat beside her, not looking at her. There was so much tension in the air. After sitting in awkward silence for a few minutes, I finally broke it.

"Roxii.. I'm sorry.." I muttered.

She stayed silent.

"I know you're probably really grossed out and disgusted by your dad and I, I'm sorry" I continued on.

She continued to remain silent.

"Is wasn't expecting you to be home... I thought you would be at your friend's place.." I explained. Then she broke her silence.

Roxii's POV

"... I thought you would have been at your friend's place.." My mom explained. She can't know.. She can't know I don't have any friends. She can't know that I am an anti social girl who gets bullied, she can't. I don't want to end up like she did.. I don't want her worrying about me.

"Are you alright darling?" Mom questioned, she looked concerned. It must have been because I was thinking for so long.

I nodded at her question, still remaining silent.

"What's going on in your beautiful head?" she asked

I then finally spoke. "I'm sorry I interrupted you.. I thought someone was in the house, that's why I went upstairs with a baseball bat. I'm sorry!" I mumbled.

"It's okay baby, it happens. I'm sorry you had to witness that" she finished.

Demi's POV

I shuffled on the bed so that I was sitting behind Roxanne and started to play with her long beautiful hair.

"Mom can you put some cornrows in my hair, like the ones you had before you shaved the side of your head?" Roxii asked.

"Sure darling" I replied. I really didn't know what I was doing but I tried anyways. I loved hair and doing different hairstyles but this was a bit out of my league. After about 15 minutes of struggling to do this hairstyle and Roxii noting that I was struggling, I gave up.

"Fuck it!" I exclaimed, throwing my hands up in the air. Roxii chucked. I reached for my phone, finding my makeup artist Jill in my contacts and calling her.

A/N: Calls are going to look like text messages, sorry I'm just lazy!

J- Hey Dems, what's up?
D- Hey Jill! Are you busy?
J- Not at the moment, what do you need?
D- great! Come by with your hair shit, I need a favour.
J- Sure, see you in 10

The line then went dead.

10 minutes later, Jill walked through the door with her hair equipment lugging behind her. I led her upstairs to Roxii's room where I asked her to put three cornrows in the left side of Roxii's head. She was a professional at this, after all, she should be! She did mine so many times on the neon lights tour before I decided to shave my head. What if Roxii decided to shave the side of her head? That would be so fucking bad ass!!

Roxii's POV

"All done!" Jill cheered

"Thank you so much Jilly, I love it!" I exclaimed. It looked great. I kind of looked like Demi did on the NLT (neon lights tour) but a younger Disney look. I loved it.

Once Jill left, and Demi went to sit with Wilmer, I began the process of taking many selfies like all girls do when they get their hair done. I picked out my favourite and posted it on Instagram captioning:

roxiilovato: thanks jillpowellglam for my badass hair style

My Instagram notifications flooded with likes and comments, some good and not so good.

deluxegomez: whale
bangerzbangerz: fatty
toxiccityy: just like your whale of a mom

I chucked my phone on my bed and went downstairs and hung out with my parents. I didn't want to look at those comments. I should know, they are all people who are struggling with something themselves. Well that's what my mom says at least.

----------

That's chapter 4 done and dusted! What did you think?
Thank you all lovelies for reading and voting 💖

Follow me on Twitter for updates: @jazvato

❤️❤️❤️