prolouge

The darkness provides a cover for a dark scaled dragon, her vibrant green eyes full determination. She went to a seer before the raid and she knows what is coming.

She needs to do this for her hatchling, the mother dragon spots her destination. The scaleless' alpha den.

"There it is! You distract his mate and i'll get the hatchling" she shouts to the stormcutter next to her. The fourwinged dragon nods his owl like head.

"But of course miss Shadow-blender" he takes of first, crawling through the weird opening in the roof. A feminime yell is heard, cautiously the night fury enters.

The female scaleless is unconsious on the floor, her hatchling in a weird box. The dragoness tilts her head 'why would you put your hatchling in a box?' She wonders.

She shakes her head 'no stay focused' she scolds herself mentally. Her eyes fixate on the tiny hatchling, he's so tiny even for a scaleless. The mother dragon hesitates in her plans 'he's so small... no! I need to do this for my little one'

Carefully she takes the little scaleless in her mouth, she sqeezes her eyes shut 'i am so sorry little one' she thinks before sinking her teeth ,fully unsheated, into his vulnerable flesh.

The child cries out in pain, causing his mother to awake from her unconsious state. The woman screeches as she sees her baby boy in the mouth of a terrifying dragon. "HICCUP!" she cries out, the boy goes limp in the dragons grip and she lays him back in the box.

Tears stream down the scaleless' face as she scrambles towards the crib. The night fury picks up the soft thuds off footsteps 'oh for the love of the universal dragoness!' "Hurry! The alpha's coming!" The stormcutter grabs onto the woman and pulls her away from the crib.

A monsterous nightmare sneeks in and takes the crib. "NO HICCUP! HICCUP!" the mother cries and screams as she trashes against the hold of the stormcutter. The night fury looks away, not able to handle the torn expression on the scaleless face.

It makes her think of what she would do when her cub would be taken from her, she would die without her hatchling, that she knew for sure. "Foolish scaleless! Accept that your hatchling is no longer yours" the monsterous nightmare taunts.

The woman freezes in shock, "i was wrong...you are monsters" she cries out as she still struggles to reach her baby. "VALKA!" "STOIC!" The alpha enters the room, knocking down the door. His axe shimmers deathly in the light of the fire.

The dragon glances between the enraged parents, the crib and outside. She sighs as she decides on what to do. "Put down the crib fyrin" she tells the dragon in her native tongue. "Ma'am i think we should-" "i said; put. Down. The crib. NOW" the dragoness roars.

The orange scaled dragon nods and puts down the baby, the dragons quickly make their escape. Stoic rushes to his son, "no..." his voice breaks a little at the sight of the non-breathing baby.

"I'll bring him to gothi! You get gobber!" Valka exclaims taking the limp boy in her arms. "Valka it's -" "don't even think of finishing that stoic or i'll have your intrails for breakfast" the distraught mother threathens. The chief raises his hands in surrender "i'll get him" both parents storm off.

Valka struggles to run up the hill without shaking the poor baby nearly to it's death, if he is still alive that is. "Gothi! Gothi open up you have to help my son!" The woman pleads desperately.

The elder opens her door cautiously, hey eyes glance at the woman before her. The question in her stormy grey eyes is obvious "he-he got bitten by a dragon!" The elder gasps and ushers mother and child inside.