VI mixed feelings

Hansol hadn't noticed us yet, and I had a perfect chance to check them out: the girl he was with was really pretty and it made me feel a bit weird. Of course a hot guy like Hansol had a girlfriend, and a beautiful one at that, how could I have been so stupid to not realize it before. Well, it shouldn't matter anyway, it's not like I wanted him to like me. Even though I was telling myself that, I was still feeling something I could only describe as mild jealousy. Well, not really mild.
"Is everything okay?" Wonwoo asked after I had stared their way for maybe a little too long and I turned my glance back to him and nodded.
"Yeah everything's fine," I said and smiled to try smoothen his forehead, which he always crunched up when he was worrying about something. "I just saw your friend Hansol over there."
"Oh he's here," Wonwoo said and tried to find him with his gaze and when he did, waved his hand in his direction. "Hey, bro, come here!"
I internally groaned when Hansol and whoever the girl he was with was, started walking our way. He and Wonwoo did a very complex handshake and I said hey to the girl he was with. She was wearing a dark red tight dress, and even in her high heels lacked a few inches on me. She had a very unamused look in her dark eyes, which were covered in a heavy coat of eyeshadow. Overall she looked a bit, well, bored.
"Hansol, this is Jess," he said after they were done with their routine and Hansol focused his playful gaze on me.
"Yeah, we've seen each other around a few times, right?" he then said and if my eyes could be trusted, gave a quick wink my way.
"Yeah, we have," I nodded and tried to shake the uneasy feeling his presence made me feel in the pit of my stomach. Nausea, maybe.

Fortunately Hansol and his date (who I found out was named Ji-hoon and went to the same school with Mingyu and Hansol) left to get drinks and we were alone again (well as alone as you could be in a crowded room). Me and Wonwoo greeted a few others of his friends, and then started chatting about where we thought Mingyu would find himself tomorrow morning (I guessed it was going to be his bathroom floor where as Wonwoo was sure it was going to be in the garden shed of the house) and we were just beginning to get back into the vibe of the party when I saw Hansol and Ji-hoon grinding on each other across the room. Just when I was moving my eyes away from their direction, I noticed Hansol was looking straight at me with an expression I could only describe as smug, and that got me annoyed. I felt the need to show him that two could play that game and grabbed a hold of Wonwoo's arm and connected my lips with his. We made out for a while, but I wasn't really paying attention and I just felt out of it. I slowly pulled away just to realise Hansol had changed location and was nowhere to be seen. It made me think about how funny I was acting and decided to put it under exhaustion; it had been a rough week with a few poorly slept nights (mostly caused by Alex and her annoying habit of snoring: I loved the girl but she snored like a old man). It definitely was not caused by Hansol and his girl, I told myself, it was just me being tired. Nevertheless, I decided to call it a night and told Wonwoo I would walk home since it was a very nice late summer night and he kissed me goodbye.

As soon as I got out I realised that walking home was a very bad idea as it was cold and dark and scary, but I could't back down then. I started walking to the direction of campus and after a while I realised a car was following me and panic started to rise up inside me. I started to quicken my steps, but realised it wasn't going to help. "Oh god, I am too young to die," was what I started muttering to myself before I heard a car window being opened and a voice I definitely didn't want to hear.

"Need a ride?", was what Hansol said while sticking his head out of his car. He was now driving slowly next to me and probably found the situation extremely funny.

"Not if you're offering," I then said while adjusting my dress. I really started to question if I was being stupid but because of me being my usual proud self who hated to admit she needed help I decided to continue, "I can walk home."

"C'mon. It's still like a 30 minute walk from here and it's freezing," he said and stopped the car. "Please, I don't want you to freeze to death."

I debated with myself for a few seconds but then silently walked to the other side of the car and got in. I was trying to make it seem like it was no big deal, but damn the heating was nice.

"What made you leave the party so early?" he then questioned. "Did your lips get too dry from all the kissing?"

"I'm tired, that's why I left," I said a bit flustered from his comment. So he had seen me and Wonwoo on the dance floor. "What's your excuse? Grinding got too tiring?"

"I have work tomorrow at the shop," he said and paid no attention to my comeback. He was suddenly very into his driving and the conversation died down. Soon we were turning onto the campus and I got ready to leave the car. When the car stopped I opened the door and got out, but before I could close the door he called my name. I put my head back in the car to hear him out.

"You looked really pretty tonight," he said and smiled slightly. "See you around?"

A bit confused and with a small headache I nodded my head and started to walk towards my dorm. While I was walking I realised that was actually the first time he smiled around me. Not a smirk, but a actual smile on Hansol's face. Well, it had definitely been a memorable night.

a.n OKEY HI so sorry it's been a while (again) and sorry this is a bit short but I wanted to update as soon as possible cos i couldn't keep u guys waiting any longer. hope u enjoy!!