III schooled

I walked into the classroom I was supposed to have my biology class in, glanced around the room (noticing a few familiar faces from homeroom) and saw Junghan in the corner and started to make my way towards him. I was cut short by the teacher, who I hadn't noticed sitting in the front of the room, calling out my name.

"Miss Clay, we actually have a seating order here. Your seat is right there", he said, pointing at a seat right in the middle of the classroom. I glanced at him, nodded once and then gave Junghan (whose hair was on point, as usual) an apologetic smile. Then I plopped down on my seat, got out my books and pencils, and waited for the class to start. And right when the teacher cleared his throat to start the lesson, a student ran into the room. I was too busy writing my name on my notebook to actually see what was going on, but I did understand (even with my still lower than average knowledge of the Korean language) something along the lines of a stern "late again", "the last time" and Wonwoo. 

I lifted my head up, and saw the same tall (and very attractive boy) I had bumped into earlier. He noticed me and gave me a smile, and even though I wanted to just bang my head on my desk, I somehow managed to give him a small smile back. I put my head down again, waiting for him to get to his seat and for the lesson to start. But what I didn't expect was that he was going to sit next to me.

The bell rang, signaling the school day to be over. The day had gone by surprisingly well, despite my ultimate embarrassment due to the boy sitting next to me in biology (even though we did end up hitting it off pretty well), and due to the very awkward situations where I had misunderstood something someone had said to me (I had thought the lunch lady had asked for my address, instead of how much rice I wanted). Despite that, the day was pretty decent-- I had been allowed to sit with Joshua during English, which was extremely nice, as I got a break from all the language confusion. Alex had almost all of her classes with Joshua, which she was super happy about as she thought he was super cute. And I was pretty sure Joshua liked her too, if all the little glances he made during lunch break were any clue. Anyway, we were now walking out of the school building with Alex, talking about our day. There were some boys gathered around the parking area, and as we walked by we noticed a few familiar faces.
"Hey!" a happy Seungkwan waved at us. We waved back and took a better look at the group. There were Junghan and Joshua, and a few other boys from our school, a very tall boy with dark hair (extremely handsome, by the way) who was talking with the boy I sit with in Bio, Wonwoo. And then, as I was exploring the group, my eyes were met with a pair of familiar ones. He was smiling that same smug smile again, which made me feel all types of ways. Today sporting a red loose t-shirt and black jeans, the boy from a week ago was looking at me straight in the eyes. I rolled mine at his smug appearance, but my heart beat didn't agree with my attitude.

"Hey, lost girl", he said to me and grinned in a way I could only call overly confident, while leaning on his car acting all cool. 
"What do you want, Hansol", I said while rolling my eyes again. He made my blood boil, and I didn't even know why.
"Just wanted to say hi", he said, acting slightly offended, the smug smile changing into a confused one. I softened a bit and smiled a little in his direction, as I didn't want to be rude. We said our goodbyes and continued our way towards our dorm. When we finally made it to our room, I jumped on the bed groaning. I was so mentally exhausted by all the new things, and the boy from biology and Hansol didn't really help either.

The next week went by quite nicely, we spent a lot of time with Joshua and a few of his friends (including Junghan and Seungkwan) going to different cafés and getting to know local cuisine. And me and Wonwoo (who apparently was also good friends with Joshua and the other few boys we had already become friends with) had gotten into pretty good terms with each other. We had a lot of fun during Biology classes, and I had to admit the way he talked with his extremely lovely deep voice made it really hard to concentrate on the categorizing of water mammals. We sometimes had slight language complications, but as my Korean was getting slightly better every day, I was able to fill in the blanks in Wonwoo's English. I hadn't run into Hansol since the day we met him in the school parking lot, but his shaggy brown hair and brown eyes had made their way into my dreams for a reason I couldn't put my finger on.

I was woken up from my thoughts by someone whispering my name. I turned my head, startled,into the direction of the noise to see an amused Wonwoo looking at me.
"You were dreaming again", he said while chuckling a bit.
"Yeah, it's really hard to concentrate on what he's saying as I need to listen so carefully to make out the words", I said, sighing deeply. It was definitely not easy to study in Korean. Good thing my grades here didn't really matter. Wonwoo just gave me an understanding smile and let me copy his notes as usual. I gave him a side hug as a thank you and we locked eyes. His dark eyes were holding an expression I didn't really get, but I couldn't take my gaze away from his.
"Uhm, Jess", he started, and then stopped to clear his throat. "Would you want to go to the movies with me someday?"
"Yes, of course!" I said ( maybe a bit too eager) while Wonwoo let out a huge breath.
"Oh thank god. I was so nervous to ask you", he said while laughing.
"Excuse me, kids", our teacher interrupted us, standing in front of us with a raised eyebrow and otherwise annoyed expression on his face. I swear this man had some kind of hidden ninja skills, he walked so quietly. "If you have something so interesting to talk about, why won't you share it with the rest of the class?"
We glanced at each other, and then convinced the teacher we were just discussing the way blue whales communicate with each other. When he went back to the front of the classroom I ripped a piece of paper from my notebook, wrote my number on it and gave it to Wonwoo. I was definitely interested in this movie-offer.