V party people

I actually really enjoyed parties, and they were my usual scene during Friday nights in my neighborhood. I was the go-to girl when it came to the "where's the turn up this weekend"-question: I was known for always finding the best parties. Don't get me wrong, though, I wasn't the type to get drunk and make out with every single guy at the party; in fact I didn't even drink at parties. At least not enough to get me drunk. Mostly I just savored the feeling: the way people seemed to fall in love and fall apart in the same room and how in the darkness of some random teenager's living room it didn't really matter who you were. But here I was nervous: it was different in Korea than back in New York. There I was known, I had a name: here I was just the new kid, even though I was under the protecting wings of the leaders of the social life. But I was a tough chick, and if I was able to build myself a place in New York, how hard could it be here?

As soon as me and Alex got out of the cab we had ordered, a wave of familiarity rushed over me. The music was blasting through the walls of the big white house Mingyu apparently lived in, and drunk teenagers were scattered all over the yard.
"Well they were quick," I said to Alex, as I glanced over the front of the house.
"Yeah. It isn't even nine yet," Alex said while shaking her head in disbelief, and then gave out a soft laugh. "Hopefully that won't be us in a few hours."
"I'm pretty sure it won't be me, but I ain't that sure about you," I said while nudging her side. As I said before, I wasn't really the type to get black-out drunk, but Alex was a whole other story: almost every single time I went out with her I found her later on that night on the sofa or in the bathroom with absolutely zero memories about how she got there. Once I found her on the roof, and that scared the daylights out of me (and her too) and ever since then her drinking had gotten a bit less over-the-top, but she still drank way more than I did.
"Hey, I just like to party. Besides, I don't really need to get drunk tonight," she said while lifting her eyebrows up and down suggestively. "I have someone I'd rather spend the night with than with a bottle of vodka."
"Oh, right," I said while getting my phone out of my bag. "Just remember to be safe, if you know what I mean." Alex didn't reply, just rolled her eyes and adjusted her dress.

When we got to the front door, it was swung open by a very annoyed Junghan.
"You guys are late," he said and let us in.
"The queen is never late," I then said, quoting the Princess Diaries, "everyone else is just simply early." Junghan just rolled his eyes and showed us to the kitchen, where Wonwoo was standing with glass full of something which was definitely not water. When he saw me, he put the glass down and opened his arms and engulfed me in a hug. When we broke away from the hug, I looked around to see no sign of Alex. Even before I got the chance to open my mouth Junghan said Alex had left with Joshua to "find the dj". Well this was going to be fun.

Me and Wonwoo had been dancing for a while, and people were constantly looking at us clearly curious. I couldn't blame them: the popular, everyone's friend, over-all great guy everyone knew with the new, American girl was a bit of a weird equation around here. But we chose to ignore them and just had fun our own: the music was loud and surprisingly good, which made it perfect to dance to. Sometimes Wonwoo said something funny and I laughed, and I was overall enjoying the situation. Maybe tonight was going to be alright after all, even though I was nervous as hell before. My good mood faltered, though, when I saw someone I had completely forgotten was going to be here: Hansol had just walked in to the room, and he was with a girl.

//a.n HIIII everyone it's been a while again (ik ik i'm terrible, i'ven been superduper busy with school and stuff BUT now i'm back again!! OH AND THANK YOU FOR 1 K READS I APPRECIATE IT SO MUCH! if you want to read more of my writing i have a tumblr where i try to write quite often @ vvlicious