IV the boy and the city

I was walking down one of the main shopping streets in downtown Seoul, constantly having to fight my way through the crowd. As a New York born-and-raised I was quite accustomed to huge crowds of people and the constant elbowing, but here it was giving me a huge headache with all the things I needed to buy and all the constant concentration I had to keep up because of the language. I had already gotten most of the stuff I needed to buy (a new lamp, new jeans and folders and small boxes to keep my stuff in and make my room more home-y). The only thing missing was the new Florence and the Machine cd I wanted to buy. I had already looked up good music stores in Seoul, so I had a few places ready just in case. The first one was right next to the clothing shop I had just come out from. I walked in to the surprisingly peaceful store, letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding. I listened to the song currently playing (Wicked Games by the Weeknd, one of my favorites) and started to look for the cd. I looked through a few sections, before realizing how big the store actually was. It would be easier to just find a staff member to help me out. After deciding that I turned around, and was faced with familiar messy brown waves.
"Oh my god Hansol, you scared me."
"Sorry", he said while chuckling. He pulled up the sleeves of his black shirt and opened his mouth to say something. "Do you need help?"
"Do you work here?" I said eyeing him suspiciously.
"Yes", he said while lifting his left eyebrow. "Do you think I'm following you or something?"

"No", I said, feeling a weird sensation of disappointment. Why would I want him to follow me? I didn't even know the guy. I had seen him two times in total, but couldn't really seem to shake him off my back. Joshua and Seungkwan knew him from somewhere, and Wonwoo knew him through one of his friends, Mingyu, who went to the same school with Hansol. So he slipped into their conversations, into their parties (which of one I was supposed to attend tomorrow) and for some odd reason, into my dreams. That was weird, since I liked Wonwoo-- we'd even be on two dates. I enjoyed his company, he was funny and very nice. And he wasn't bad-looking either, anything but. His deep voice gave me shivers, and his smile made butterflies dance in my stomach-- the basic crush-y stuff. I had totally zoned out thinking about his face, when I heard Hansol cough.

"So, what are you looking for?" was the question he asked me, looking at me like I was slightly mental.
"Oh, yeah. The new Florence and the Machine album, if you know the one", I said adjusting my bag on my shoulder.
"Yeah, follow me", he said while starting to walk towards the back of the store, while I followed him eager to get my business here done. He found the album, gave it to me and then walked to the register.
"That would be 24 000 won, thank you", he said while pressing buttons on the register machine. I handed him the money, got a receipt back and put the CD in my bag. I nodded him good-bye, then started to make my way towards the exit. Before I reached the door, I heard him yell out.

"See you at the party on Friday, lost girl". I could almost hear the smirk he was wearing on his face, and didn't want to give him the satisfaction of leaving me flustered, so I replied:
"Can't wait."

I smoothed out my dress, which was a pretty basic black bodycon with a touch of lace. Even though the dress was really simple, I still loved it: I looked mature and calm, which was the complete opposite of what I felt on the inside. I was nervous, as it was my first party here and I wasn't really looking forward to being the new kid on the block. I was noticeable here, as I looked quite different from the average Korean girl. It didn't bother me usually, I didn't mind being noticed, but tonight I would have wanted to keep it down. Thankfully, Alex was coming with me (mostly because Joshua was going to be there) and almost all of our new friends were going to show up. It was Mingyu's party, as his parents were apparently pretty rich and owned a big house in the suburbs, and were away a lot on business trips-- even during weekends, which was a perfect opportunity for Mingyu to host another one of his "epic" parties. I was invited by Wonwoo and was supposed to spend the night with him, which I was looking forward to. I was just hoping there would be no jealous girls around-- if everything I had been able to collect about him was true, he was a pretty popular guy amongst many of the girls. I could totally understand that. I mean, look at the guy. I stopped my train of thought, before it could reach the topic of Wonwoo's killer looks, and fixed my eyes on my hair. I had curled it in big, messy curls and didn't find anything to fix in the wavy form of my locks, so I checked my small bag I had decided to wear and made sure I had my necessities (keys, phone and money--just in case).

"Alex!" I yelled, drawing out the e, while checking my eyeliner. "You ready to go soon?"
"Yeah, just give me 5 seconds", she said while coming out the bathroom, pulling down her gray, tight turtleneck-dress. Her long brown hair was straightened, and her lips were a dark maroon color. She then came to stand next to me in front of our big full-body mirror and nodded in approval. Then she took a look at me, and whistled.

"Girl, we look hot tonight", she said and winked before turning towards her bed to pick up her phone.
"I have to agree", I said while letting a lonely laugh past my lips. "Here goes nothing."

/// A.N HEYYYY everybody, sorry it has been a while since I last updated this story. I've been having some troubles with inspiration, but now I'm locked and loaded to continue this story again. AND THANK YOU SO SO SO SO much for all the reads and favorites, I appreciate it v much. This was a pretty short chapter, but the next will have a lot of interesting and dramatic things in it, so look out for that one. peace and love, jez xx.