Soul Shine

Tell me, how is someone supposed to respond to the impossible? People everywhere try to convince each other that nothing is impossible, and perhaps they are right, but that doesn't make the most craziest of situations seem any less crazy.

When the nurse told me I had a visitor, I assumed it was going to be some "friend" that claimed to care about me, but most likely never talked to me unless they needed something. When the crowd went a little wild in the lobby, I assumed some celebrity was checking in to visit their friend...I never guessed that friend would be me.

Time slowed down dramatically the moment I heard Billie's voice. What was I supposed to make of it? If anything, it scared me. Was I hallucinating again? I thought the confusion was over once I found out the truth. In all actuality, hearing Billie's voice could have meant some really terrible things about my condition.

But if that is the case, then someone tell me why I am so extremely happy?

My eyes were flooding with tears as if they were trying to escape their domain. As much as I wanted to speak, the words just wouldn't come out. Stuttering nonsense drabbled from my mouth in attempt for me to create sentences. He giggled in response.

"Layla, you know me. We've done this many times before." The funny thing about all of this was he was crying too. Of course he was somehow able to control it, a few tears here and there...on the other hand, I was a mess.

His green crystalized eyes widened in wonder. Slowly his hand made its way to entangle his soft fingers in my hair, smiling wide all the while.

"You're even more beautiful in person," he speaks softly. Gently he bends down by my ear and whispers, "I didn't know that was possible."

At that moment, I knew I couldn't sit still any longer. My sobs grew louder and a tad wilder as I threw my arms around his neck and cried into his shoulder.

"B-Billie!!" I wept. He rubbed my back in attempt to comfort me.

"It's okay," he chuckled through his own cries. "Everything is okay now."

After holding me a bit longer, he released me in order to look me in the eyes.

"Didn't I tell you it would be?"

Words just couldn't describe the emotions that fell upon me. It was a feeling so drastic that I was sure I couldn't feel it again. It was greater than love and much more intense than a happy surprise. It was redemption of the impossible, and I loved it.

"I know you're surprised, and let me tell you, I am too. But please, try and talk to me. I promise I'm no different than the person you have learned to love these past two weeks. It's me."

"But—But how?" I managed to spill. "How could this be possible?"

"I wish I could tell you myself," he sniffled. "I didn't really have time to plan, I sorta just trusted my instincts with this one," he grinned.

Looking at him slowly thawed my cold heart a little more by the second. It was one of the greatest reliefs that could bestow upon me. It was literally a dream come true.

"Billie," I sighed in relief. "I was in a coma too."

Billie's eyes widened in suspense.

"When I woke up from my coma, I heard on the television that you had awoken from yours too. Obviously, since I'm not famous or anything, you couldn't have known the same for me. Heck, you couldn't have been sure I even existed, could you?"