I Text a Post Card Sent to You, Did it go Through?

"That's how I like to see you," I smile, walking towards Billie who was sitting on the curb of a California street with palm trees swaying around him. "In my dreams, safe and sound."

Billie's head was hung down towards the ground. His hands were clutched together and a single foot tapping on the street. He had has black skinny jeans on with his dirty Chuck Taylors and a maroon tee.

Upon noticing that he wasn't really psyched to hear that I had arrived, I decided to apologize.

"Hey Billie, I'm sorry about earlier." I stopped when I got next to him and remained standing, to see if he would make a move. "I was just taken by surprise."

He barely moved an inch.

"Billie?" I ask softly, rustling my fingers through his hair. Immediately he smacked my hand away and huffed. I took a step back in shock. "Are you serious right now? Speak to me!"

He kept twiddling his thumbs, intently staring at the pavement.

"Get over it Billie! I was taken by surprise, I was nervous...it's not my favorite situation to see you when I thought I was in control of my actions."

His head flung up in my direction with widened eyes that seemed to be in disgust.

"You are so full of yourself, you know that?"

I was beyond confused and completely caught off guard. I took a few steps back to help myself see the whole picture.

"Excuse me?"

"You really think I'm pissed about earlier today? That's all you see? You think I'm still insulted? Oh fuck me!" he remarks.

I took a second to look around.

"Am I missing something here? Why else would you be acting all edgy?"

He quickly rises on his feet. It scares me a bit, causing me to step back some more.

"I just caught a glimpse of what was going on in your reality...just recently."

I sighed, let down that this was what he was going to be fighting with me about.

"Yeah, first off, thanks for fucking telling me about your trip to the hospital earlier."

He turned around and began pacing around, hand mustered through his hair and the other in his pocket.

"I was going to tell you tonight...."

"Sure!" He sasses me.

"Is that all your angry about?" I questioned in innocence.

He let out a laugh.

"I fucking wish! You want to know what I'm angry about?"

Billie could be such a sweetheart. He could care more about a person than the average someone would ever know. But he was protective and domineering. Yeah, those can be sexy traits...but when he's playing big brother, it can be a little annoying, to say the least.

"Oh of course, why else am I here?" I crack.

"Oh cut the bullshit, Layla!" He dramatizes. "I'm pissed because you deliberately disobeyed me!" His squeaky voice exclaimed.

"What the fuck is this? The Lion King? Who are you for me to disobey? I'll tell yah! A figment of my imagination, that's who!"

Billie's face was enraged with anger and annoyance by my words.