Yah Know?

"Ah, holy fucking shit. Never heard of them, but sounds like something I'd listen to. Tell me more?" He smirked.

I couldn't speak for a moment. Get yourself together Layla, for the love of God. Billie Joe is like one of your favorite people ever, do not fuck this up because you're star struck. Play it cool, please fucking play it cool.

"Oh yeah, they're great!" I play along. "Have you heard their hit single? It's called "Just Walked into my Role Model". Check em' out sometime."

Smooth....NO YOU DICK FACE THAT WASN'T SMOOTH THAT WAS EMBARASSING AS FUCK WALK AWAY NOW.

Billie actually giggled in response to my lame joke.

"Oh definitely. I'll make sure to remember," he winks. "What's your name, Sweetie?"

"Layla." I blush like crazy and immediately realize how noticeable it is. Please stop smiling.

"I don't usually compliment strangers, so things don't get out of whack, but, I really want you to know you have a really pretty smile."

Okay, stop. Tell me how this made any sense. How is he here? How am I here? How are we both here at the same time? This is the kinda situation I've only dreamed about. How could this possibly be reality?

"Oh my God, thank you so much. Honestly I'm so surprised that you are here! Why are you in Boston? I mean, I'm totally happy that you are, but...nevermind. Your music is amazing, Billie! Your talent shocks me every time I hear one of your songs. Mike, Tre, Jason and you...you work like magic. I can't even believe—"

"Boston! That's where we are!"

I cocked my head in confusion.

"Well, yah know, I knew we were somewhere on the east coast, it definitely shows, yah know. Hah, but I wasn't sure which city, yah know?"

I hesitated to respond.

"How could you not know that you're in Boston?" I got a little nervous.

He started to ponder the thought.

"Not sure, must have been drinking or something, yah know." He laughed a bit and ran his hand through his jet black hair. "To be completely honest, I don't know where my family is. I'm pretty sure they're back at the hotel taking a nap or something. Are yah from around here?"

"I'm right outside the city, but I come here like all the time."

"Good, so do you mind showing me around a bit? I'm all alone in this shit hole."

I laughed at his statement.

"Of course, follow me."

We found ourselves at a restaurant about twenty minutes later.

"Billie, can I be completely honest?" I decide to bring up as we wait for our food.

"Why not?" He asks while taking a swish of his beer.

"Hah, well, I'm not sure how I'm actually sitting in your presence and not freaking out. It feels quite natural spending time with you."

"I'm glad you think so. It's always a bit roughing trying to jive with the type that can't even respond to me. I appreciate everyone but, when you can't even fucking talk to me, that's when I start to realize they're a little crazy in the head. I'm just a fucking person, just like everyone else. I'm a person with a passion, and I would do anything to keep it strong."

"You speak like a poet, minus the occasional swear," I chuckle.

"Oh fuck yeah I'm the best motherfucking shitty poet in this fucking crazy ass country," he jokes.