Won't You Ease My Worried Mind?

"I trust you Billie," I tell him while gazing into his eyes. "I'm sorry that sometimes I doubt myself or you, but I'm really glad that you're here with me. You deserve to know that."

Billie's cheeky smile warmed my heart up inside.

"I can't blame yah for being unsure. I don't have all the answers myself, but I do know that everything is going to be okay, yah know?"

I nodded my head in agreement. Everything instantly felt stable and secure just from hearing those words and knowing we were in a good position. My throat began feeling a little dry so I stood up in preparation to go downstairs.

"Billie, I'll be right back. I'm going to get some water."

"Okay. Hey, just remind me that there's one more thing I need to tell you, or warn you about. Something I forgot to mention before."

"Alright," I sigh. "Just hold that thought." I smiled at him and made my way downstairs. Before I could even make it to the kitchen, I grew really dizzy and had to take a seat on the couch. "Billie!" I try to yell out to him, to get his attention. My sickness grew heavier and I felt out of breath. "Bil-lie.." I stutter, and my eyes close.

"Who are you talking to, Layla?"

My eyes flicker open. I'm still laying on the couch. It was like I nearly forgot that whole conversation with Billie was a dream, and by the looks of where I was...I still wasn't sure if I had woken up.

"Layla, did you hear me? Who were you talking to?"

It was the voice of my mom who was cooking in the kitchen. Thankfully she hadn't seen me for herself; the sight of me sleeping would have most likely freaked her out. I didn't know how much she heard of me "talking", so I made a simple reply.

"Oh, I was just on the phone with a friend."

"Good Lord, you were on the phone ever since I got home? I could hear you chatting in your room from down here. Didn't know you had a friend named Jilly."

"Jilly?" I repeat in confusion.

"Yeah, you just came down from the stairs muttering Jilly."

My mom came out from the kitchen to see my expression.

"Everything okay?" She questions.

I fake a grin and jump off from the couch.

"Of course! Yeah, Jilly is great. She's from work, we were just talking about how everything was going and how they missed me and all."

My mom had thought she heard me say Jilly instead of Billie. I must have slept walked and talked through that whole conversation with him, a concept that was a little scary to me, but something I had to accept so I could convince my mom everything was alright.

"Oh, that's nice of her. I'm sure they miss you."

"Yeah, for sure."

She grinned and made her way back into the kitchen.

"Im cooking up some homemade French fries to go with some pizza for tonight. Do you mind picking it up a little later?"

I look at the clock surprised by the fact it was apparently dinner time. I took the pill around 1:30, and it didn't take effect until 2:30. It was currently 5pm and I had just woken up...or so I thought.