Chapter 6

You sat on the floor with your mouth slightly open. After a few seconds, you closed it and realized that it was slightly obvious. You quickly looked between the two. Oliver looked stressed and concerned. "Okay," was all you were able to say. You turned so your body faced Oliver more. "Tell me what happened. Now," you demanded. You had been friends for a long time, it was obvious that something had happened on the island.

"I will tell you when we get home," he replied putting a hand on on your knee. You looked at him and could tell that that was the only way he would ever tell you.

"Fine," you replied, standing up. "I need air," you said darkly. You walked out of the building and just paced in the back alley. You were trying to figure out what happened. That's all you wanted to do. You wanted things to go back to normal, where Oliver would tell you everything and you were normal. You heard a soft thump and looked at the trash can that was a few feet away from you. On the lid of the trashcan was a beautiful black tabby cat who had the brightest blue eyes you had ever seen. "Hey there," you said to the cat. He just looked at you. You could practically see the gears turning in his head. He laid down on the lid and you walked over to him. You stuck out your pointer finger and he sniffed it then he rolled over and stretched. This made you laugh quietly. He stopped stretching and looked in your eyes again. You couldn't help yourself so you began to pet him. His fur was so soft. "You should have a home," you said as you noticed how skinny he was. "Someone needs to take good care of you," you whispered to the creature. You heard the door that you came out of open. Then you heard it close.

"Hey," you heard Oliver practically whisper. He placed a gentle hand on the top of your back. You pulled Oliver into a hug which he quickly returned. He understood how hard this was for you. When you released from the warm hug you went back to petting the cat, who patiently sat there. "I have good news." This caused you to momentarily stop petting the beautiful cat. "I called your realtor, and they said they still have the house you were looking at if you still wanted to move," you stayed silent for a while, thinking. "I think it would be better like this too, you should stay here till they figure out what happened." You had no clue what to say so you just nodded your head.

After a while, you and Oliver went to go buy the house you were looking at.

*Time skip through all that buying a house and paperwork crap*

You drove up to the house with Oliver and opened the door. It was a beautiful two story house with a master bedroom with a connected master bathroom, two spare bedrooms on the second floor and a separate bathroom. On the main floor, there was a kitchen, bathroom, living room and an office. This house had everything and more. It had an unfinished basement that you couldn't wait to get your hands on. After all, you didn't binge watch HGTV for nothing.

"There's no place like home," you whispered to yourself.