You/he Get Hate

Calum:

You were sat in the bedroom that you shared with Calum scrolling through Twitter. You had seen quite a lot of the fans complaining that neither of you replied to them, followed them or re-tweeted them so you had gone on to do that for them since most of them had been supportive about your relationship. It had started out really well. You had managed to follow a lot of people, all of whom were so happy, and you even replied to a lot of users which also made their day. However, the deeper you got into your mentions, the more hate that sprang up. Some fans were defending you but the more you read the same comments the more you started to believe them. You wanted to log out or try and focus on the good points but something seemed to make you want to continue reading the hate. "Why would Cal want to date someone like her? Like really? Is he on drugs or something?" "What does @.Calum5SOS see in @(Y/T/N) she is not pretty, not talented and tbh a little on the chubby side." "You're way out of Calum's league! I hope you know you don't deserve him and you got lucky!" "@(Y/T/N) #Fugly #Fat #She'sNOTKindaHot." You let out a shaky breath and raked a hand through your hair, suddenly feeling tears trek down your face. Why did people have to hate so much? As far as you were aware Calum was very happy with you and the fans should be happy that he was happy and that you were treating him right. "I hate this so much," you mumbled as you wrapped your arms around yourself tightly. You were about to scroll through more of the comments to focus on the good things when you heard footsteps drawing nearer to the room. Your body froze momentarily and then you jumped into action, wiping the tears away with the back of your sleeve and slamming the laptop lid down. Unfortunately Calum came in through the door, smile on his face, when he saw you shutting the lid quickly. His smile faded. "Baby what are you doing?" He asked, concern in his words. Your back was too him so he was yet to see your expression. You heard him come closer and then felt the bed dip a little as he sat down behind you. He tapped you lightly on the back and you knew, one way or another, that you would have to turn to him. When you did a flash of worry shot through his eyes. "(Y/N), what is wrong? Tell me now." The tears had started to come faster, especially when you remembered the tweet that stated you didn't deserve him. Knowing you would burst into tears if you tried to explain, you shoved the laptop in his direction and watched as he lifted the lid and slowly took in what was on the screen. His expression changed from concern, to anger, to heartbreak, to sadness and then finally back to anger. "How could they write stuff like this?" He growled, throwing his hands up in the air. He then proceeded to cup your face with both of his hands and pull you closer to him, his thumb caressing your cheek. "Never listen to any of this baby. If anything I am the one who doesn't deserve you. You treat me so well, you let me see the boys whenever I want to even though it means me spending less time with you, you deal with all this hate all of the time which makes you so strong and you make me the happiest guy alive. Promise me you will never listen to them again? I know it's hard to do but at the end of the day it's what you and I both think about each other that matters and not what they think." There was so much sincerity in his voice and so much love swirling in his eyes that the sadness melted away and it was just the two of you in that moment. When you hadn't said anything he asked again, "Promise me? I never want to see you upset because of these haters ever again. It breaks my heart to see you like this and all because of these so-called fans." A small smile grew on your lips and you dried your eyes once again, nodding slowly, "I promise Cal." His face lit up and he kissed you gently for a few moments, pulling you closer until you were sitting on his lap, the computer and the hate all discarded. "I love you so much (Y/N) and don't you ever forget that," he cooed, pushing some hair behind your ear. "I love you too Cal." To make you feel even better he had suggested that the two of you watch some movies and order some take-out and you happily agreed. He was downstairs setting a small den up and you were getting changed into your pyjamas when your phone buzzed. Calum had mentioned you in a tweet. You clicked on it and a picture of the two of you together from a couple of weeks ago flashed up and the caption read, "@(Y/T/N) is one of the best things that has ever happened to me! She's my world and I love her so much! Love ya baby! <3" You smiled and held the phone closer to you. He really was the sweetest guy ever and you realised just how lucky you were to have him. He would do anything to cheer you up.