Even before I make up my mind I find myself relenting. "Alright." I say after a minute, before smiling a minuscule smile. "I've missed her too."

A bright grin breaks on to my Aunt's face, though her eyes still are dark and upset. "That's great. She will be so excited to hear that."

I offer her a small smile and stand.

"Go ahead and play with her while I make everyone some lunch."

I bob my head and head over to the living room, forcing my mind away from all of my issues and the disapproval of my Aunt. Eri doesn't deserve to see that. I'll be happy...for her.

"Hello, angel." I say, grinning widely at my daughter.

Eri's face turns to me, with a smile so bright and beautiful that it rivals a full moon. "Momma!"  Immediately Eri shoots up and rushes over to me.

Leaning down, I sweep her up into a hug. Petting Eri's long, curly ink black hair, I embrace my daughter. After a minute she begins to squirm in my arms, so I reluctantly set her down. It's only when I'm holding Eri that I feel any ounce of peace.

"Mommy, look!" Eri points enthusiastically at the man sitting on the floor.

Aunt Yumi's boys sit around Kaien holding plastic weapons as if guarding a prisoner. He's tied up in scarves and bedsheets, but that's not the first thing I notice. Kaien's face is completely smudged in makeup that would terrify even a clown. Aunt Yumi's makeup kit sits open feet away from him. Yet when I look at Kaien, his eyes are twinkling with pure joy and I can see a smile even through the scarf they're using as a gag.

I offer Kaien a rare and genuine smile, which makes his impossibly widen.

"Very nice Eri! He looks beautiful! But won't Aunt Yumi be upset that you're using up all her makeup?" I ask the mischievous child beside me.

Eri grins coyly, silver eyes identical to my own gleaming with life and amusement. "No, she won't care!" Eri chirps, before grabbing my hand. "Come on Momma! Help me make him look pretty."

Despite myself I can't help but smile that same teasing grin Eri has on her face. This will be my own revenge for all the times Kaien was such an idiot. 

When Eri goes to turn back to Kaien I give him a dangerous look.  However, the blond idiot only simply smiles from under the gag.

Sitting down beside Eri, I take my pick of the cosmetic weapons in the makeup kit.  My eyes are immediately attracted to the container of scarlet blush. 

Aunt Yumi's sons laugh as I smush the blush pad into the blush and slap it on to Kaien's face.  A big cloud of girliness erupts from the impact, covering us all in the color. 

Eri giggles, laughing so hard she falls on to the floor.  I can't help but let a few chuckles escape as the boy's begin their guffawing.

"Oh, what a mess!"  Our heads all snap up to Aunt Yumi who looks at us with eyes wide.
When her eyes land on Kaien she lets out a little shriek of surprise that has us all laughing again and soon she joins us.

"I'm sorry for the mess, Auntie." Eri says innocently once the laughing stops.

"It's fine." She sighs.  "Thankfully the only thing messy is all of you.  Go take turns showering and cleaning up in the restrooms.  And hurry because lunch will be ready soon." She adds.

The boys stand up and race towards one of the restrooms, shoving and pushing each other to get there first.  Eri joins them, but she's so small she dodges them all and speeds ahead.

There is no doubt that Eri takes after me when I was a kid, but I can still see much of my sister in her too.  Thankfully, she doesn't take after her father much besides her hair.

Before I leave to go help Eri bathe, I hear a muffled yelling and look down to see Kaien still on the floor helplessly bound and gagged.

I small smirk lifts on to my lips as I make a show of stepping over him, leaving him there to figure his own way out. 

He is one of the strongest vampire hunters there are, right?  So, he shouldn't have a problem.