ღ Sixteen ღ

I woke up with a headache next morning.

"Ohayo" I said to my teammates.

They just nodded.

"They're starting," laxus said.

"Who's starting?"

"Natsu and gajeel," he said, pointing.

"And now, what you've all been waiting for, the second day of the Grand Magic Games is about to begin!" The announcer said in the mic, " our guest today is the renowned reporter for Sorcerer Weekly, Jason-san!"

There was a blonde haired guy who was yelling, "CooooooooOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL!!"

"Is he always like that?" I asked laxus.

"Yeah," he said sweatdropping, " he once asked happy why he was blue, and happy said, because I'm a cat, and that guy was like,'CooooooooOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL' ".

"Okay, the competition part has already begun, and it's name is.......Chariot!"

There were wooden platforms connected together and were moving because of the motor chariot thingy in the front.

"The competition takes place on top of a line of vehicles, with the idea of being able to reh the goal without falling off first! The vehicles are always moving so one moment of carelessness could lead to a misstep! Yajima-san, who could have predicted this?" Announcer-san said.

Yajima-san was too confused to answer.

"Why did natsu and gajeel sign up for this?!" Mira yelled.

I was confused, "why not?"

"They're dragon slayers, so they get motion sickness," Cana said.

"Oh. So laxus, you too?" I asked.

Natsu, Gajeel, and Sting were all looking groggy and were at the end of the line.

Suffer, stingo! Suffer!

Bacchus scored first, Blacksnake, Ridley, Yuka and Ichiya followed.

The only remaining were the three dragon slayers.

Thank God I never met a dragon or learned a dragon slayer magic.

"What...is this? I've never had problems with.....transportation before!" Gajeel said.

"Oi, did you forget the train ride?!" I yelled.

"Way to ruin .......the moment......, pinkette!" Gajeel yelled back.

"Welcome to ......the real dragon .........slayers, newbie," sting said cockily

Gajeel tried to punch Stingo.(keyword: tried)

"Urgh,..,,..I can't.....muster up.....any strength!"

Everybody in the crowd laughed and I think I was the loudest.

(I just laughed like a girl, not shishishi, or hara hara hara, or fosfos fosfos, or dereshishishi, or anything like that)

(That was one piece reference, just so you know)

Natsu was pushing himself to his absolute limit, and so was gajeel.

"Move........forward!" Natsu and Gajeel yelled, still moving at a snail's pace.

Sting was a few steps behind them.

"How lame! You're totally serious about this even though you can't draw any power," sting said, " know what? I'll give this one to you... We're still gonna be top even though we miss one or two points!"

"Don't cry about one point later, kid!" Gajeel said.

Stingo just glared at him.

"Answer me one thing, would ya? Why did you decide to participate in this tournament? I wouldn't believe you were the same fairy tail. The fairy tail I knew and looked up to took everything at their own pace and the didn't care about public image. They didn't give a damn about what everybody else though. So, why? Why are you so desperate to win in this tournament?" He asked.

Your question was really deep. For the first time.

"For.......our.....friends," natsu said, crawling on the ground as sting had a shocked look on his face.

"Seven years......all that time......they were there.....waiting for us! No matter......no matter how painful it was....no matter how sad.....no matter how much people shunned them......they were there. They waited for us to come back. They believed in us," he said.

"Because that's what family does," he said as I whispered it along with him.

(Haha, I just added some few lines that weren't there)

Everyone around me was in tears. Because they knew it was true. Because they held on. They believed we would come back, even though they doubted it sometimes. It was our bond that kept us going. I could feel it. Our guild mark wasn't just a decoration. It was the bond of trust, a bond of love, a bond of belief.......and a bond of family.

Sting was shocked.

They would go through such extreme measures for their guild members? Our guild....,..isn't like that!

"They protected the guild for their friends. They held on. That's why. That's why.....we're gonna....we're gonna show them that this is proof that fairy tail has kept walking on all this time. So we're gonna keep going!"

I didn't realize that I myself was crying. Natsu's words reaches everyone's hearts.

Sting clicked his tongue and hopped out of the chariot, dropping out. He did not show it, but I would see it, the clouded emotion behind his eyes. His guild wasn't like that.

Sting...........

"GOAL! Fairy tail A's Natsu gets 2 points for being in 6th place. Gajeel of fairy tail B gets 1 point for being in 7th place."

Murmurs rang through the crowd.

"They're tenacious. I give them that," someone in the crowd said.

"Yeah, wow....."

"Who are these guys?"

"Fairy tail, huh? I like that"

"I'm touched"

"I think I might be cheering them on!"

Cheers rang through the crowd as Natsu and Gajeel reached the goal.

"Good going, Fairy tail!"

"I like you guys!"

Master was crying his eyes out.

"And Sabertooth's Sting gets 0 points for dropping out!"

"Right now, raven tail is in first place!" Announcer-san said, " and sabertooth is in second!"

I went to the infirmary.

"Who're you?" A little white female exceed said.

"No one!"

I walked towards the blue haired little girl that was lying in the bed.

"Feeling better?" I asked.

She nodded.

"How's natsu?" I asked.

" it's just motion sickness," Lucy said, sweatdropping, " he'll get over it!"

"Are you and natsu dating?" I asked.

"WHAAAAAAAAAAATTTTT?NO!" she said.

"Kay~ whatever you say~"

"I r-really don't!"

"Sure, sure~" I said, and then decided to play with her, "JUST SO YOU KNOW, NATSU IS MINE, GOT THAT?"

"Well, um, let's do see the next match!" She suggested.

When we went outside, I saw the match that made my eye twitch.