Chapter 15

I felt the sun hitting me. It was warm and harsh and I realized I needed to wake up for school. For the first time in a long time, I had a good sleep. A really good sleep, even though my bed felt harder than usual.

     Opening up my eyes slowly, the first thing I saw was black. Black clothing, which made my body freeze. My bedsheets weren't black. They were white and they didn't rise and fall on their own.

     Before I knew it I was rolling off of him and sitting up. My eyes widened as I saw Jai laying on my bed, still asleep. I watched his body rise and fall steadily, shocked that he was here in my room.

     My cheeks heated up as I realized I had fallen asleep on top of him. With wide eyes, I then glanced at my door. It was shut and then I relaxed, knowing my parents hadn't walked into the room. If they had, I would be dead.

     I didn't know why, but I just stared at Jai for a bit more. He looked so peaceful and the events of yesterday flooded back to me. My heart warmed up as I remembered how he had opened up to me. A smile then appeared on my face as I realized I meant a lot to him. He valued me just like how I valued him. It was nice.

      Glancing at the clock, I knew we had an hour to get ready before going to school. I wasn't sure about what to do with Jai, but I knew I definitely needed to wake him up. Flushing, I knew this would be awkward.

      I scooted closer to him so that I was seated right next to his sleeping body. Putting a hand on his shoulder, I shook him. That didn't seem to bother him, so I grabbed his other shoulder as well.

      Shaking him again, I whispered, "Wake up."

      He didn't, so I shook him harder.

      "Wake up!" I hissed loud enough for him to hear but for my parents not to.

      Me shaking and hissing at him went on for a minute or so. Only when I was about to grab cold water did he suddenly groan. He stretched out his long body and I sighed, watching him glance around my room. It took him a moment to realize this wasn't his own room. His eyes soon flew to me and surprise crossed his features.

      "Scarlett?" he said with a chilling hoarse voice. "What are you doing here? I mean, what am I doing here?"

      "We might've dozed off yesterday," I said, looking away from him to hide my embarrassment. 

      "Oh." He sounded as if there was no problem with that. "And I just woke up?"

      "Yeah, it took me five minutes to wake you up."

      "Really?" I looked back at him, wondering why he sounded so surprised. "I only just woke up?"

      "Yeah." I frowned. "Why?"

      "Nothing." He sat up, smiling suddenly. "Good morning, sweetheart." 

      As he smiled at me, I blushed. Something in me fluttered and I moved away from him. His voice, messy hair, and smile was giving me these odd feelings, and I didn't what to deal with them.

      "We have school," I said, getting off of the bed. "How are you getting ready?"

      "I'll just come like this." He shrugged, running his fingers through his hair as well. "No one would notice."

      Everyone would notice. Because it was Jai and he attracted attention just by looking so perfect. I didn't tell Jai this as I shrugged as well. Jai knew he was attractive but it seemed like he didn't know the extent of it.

      "I'll use the washroom and then you can. I have a spare brush you can use," I said, walking to the washroom attached to my room.

      "Okay," Jai said, growing quiet. "You know what Scarlett?"