Chapter 3

I tried to focus to my English teacher, Mr. Wes, but it was hard when I felt a constant tugging at my hair. It had been happening for the past ten minutes, but I didn't want to turn around and give in to him. I had to show Jai my studies came before him.

He yanked on my hair suddenly and I gasped. A few people glanced at me and I scowled to myself. Ignoring what I wanted, I whipped my head around to face him. Jai smiled innocently and I glowered at him. His good looks wouldn't save him from my wrath.

"What the fuck do you want?" I growled.

"You." He winked, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Seriously Jai. I'll kick your ass if that's all you have to say to me."

Shaking his head, he smile grew. "Fine. Remember how I asked to hang out?"

"Yes." I answered, frowning.

"Let's make that day today." He grinned. "Unless you have plans with your other friends."

I rolled my eyes, but fought back a smile. I 'hated' him.

"Sure," I said. "Let me go home and tell my parents I'm going to study at the library first."

He frowned. "Can't you call them?"

"No." I shook my head. "My dad took my plan away."

His eyebrows furrowed, but before Jai could say anything Mr. Wes called out his name. Jai's eyes flew to the young, tall man, and he smiled charmingly. I rolled my eyes, knowing he had a way with teachers. There was no way he'd get in trouble for this.

"Yes, Mr. Wes," Jai said, still smiling.

"Focus on my lesson." Mr. Wes raised an eyebrow. "And stop bothering Scarlett."

"Sure." Jai shrugged. "And I'm not bothering Scarlett, she loves talking to me."

"She also loves not failing this class with you."

Few of our classmates made sounds at small slight insult. My own eyes widened and I looked at Jai. He also looked stunned, and I knew this was a first for him. I couldn't help but smile because it was annoying how usually his good looks got him out of everything.

"Pay attention, okay Jai," Mr. Wes said, facing the blackboard again.

"Okay," Jai said.

Jai didn't touch my hair again that day. With that, I anticipated our day together. I was excited to see how it would be like to hang out with my best friend outside of school.

*****

I walked down my street and spotted Jai's black car. Smiling, I was thankful he actually listened to me. With a fear of my parents discovering him, I had asked him to park far away from my house. He had argued, but I was happy to see he had listened to me in the end.

Reaching his car, I got into the passenger seat. Smiling, I said hi as I buckled my seatbelt in. Jai smiled back and my heart skipped a beat. He was unfairly attractive.

Jai had green eyes that seemed to glow. They were round and bright with many emotions I seemed to lack. His hair was brown and always pushed to the side in a haste that ended up looking hot. Sharp was the way to describe his jawline, and pink and soft was the way to describe his lips. The slant of his pointy nose was perfectly sculpted, and I could honestly say about all of Jai. He was perfectly created and no one could deny he was handsome.

"Why are you staring at me?" Jai suddenly asked. "You do that a lot."

I flushed and quickly looked away. It was embarrassing how he always caught me. I needed to learn how to be more discreet.