~The sleepover and a Promise~

We sat around Sam's living room floor eating our pizza. The boys were talking about cars and the tv was playing softly in the background. It was quite obvious that Sam's parents were the complete opposite from her considering that everything in her house was crisp and modern looking. They ha the whole minimal look everything had its place. Truthfully her house looked like the model houses in magazines completely and utterly perfect.

I took another bite of my slice of cheese pizza just as Sam nudged me. She gave me the all to familiar eyebrow wiggle looking over at the guys. I shot her a confused look which apparently was becoming a habit for us.

"Oh wow I'm beat," she yawned stretching her arms out. "I guess the sun really go to me."

"Well you laid in it for like four hours,"Jake breathed.

"How do you think I get my gorgeous bronze skin?" She raised her eyebrow at him.

"What do you say we clean up and go to bed?" I suggested looking between her and Tristin.

"Great idea," Sam smiled picking up the pizza box.

"I wasn't done with that," Jake snapped.

"Well you are now," Sam smiled walking out of the room. Jake let out a soft growl before following after her. Tristin just rolled his eyes and Paul chuckled softly before leaving the room.

"Guess it's just you and me," I smiled at Tristin.

"I think Sam planned that," Tristin laughed. "You want to go for a quick walk?"

"A walk where?" I asked softly.

"No where special I just want some fresh air," he shrugged. With that he took my hand and lead me outside.

The night was warm but the soft breeze was cool making me shiver slightly. Tristin immediately wrapped his arm around me as we walked under the stars silently. We walked for about fifteen minutes before Tristin suddenly stopped.

"Is everything ok?" I asked looking into his warm eyes.

"Yeah everything is perfect," he smiled before pulling out a ring.

"Um Tristin..." I gasped before he cut me off. My heart pounded in my chest so hard I'm surprised it didn't wake up Sam's neighbors.

"It's not an engagement ring," he smiled cocking his head to the side slightly. "It's a promise ring. I promise that no matter what I won't leave your side. I promise I will be the best father I can be, and I promise not to let my fears get the best of me," he said softly before placing the ring on my finger. "Elaynnah I love you and I know we are to young to make a major commitment but one day I promise I will replace this ring with a real one," he breathed before kissing me gently.

Tears ran down my cheeks partially because of the hormones and the other part was because I have never had anyone say something like that to me ever.

I thought back to all the stories I heard about him, to all the warnings and shook my head. They couldn't be more wrong. Sure he may play off the bad boy image but deep down he was a good guy.

"We should get back before Sam sends out a search party," Tristin smiled taking my hand once again. Still completely speechless I just followed along.

When we got back to Sam's house they were all sitting on the couch with big grins on their faces and instantly knew that they had all planned this together. How didn't I see that?

"Oh ok I can wait any longer I want to see the sparkle," Sam gushed moving to my side grabbing my hand. Yup they were definitely a part of Tristin's big plan. "Oh my god it's beautiful. You did well young grasshopper!" She smiled at Tristin.

"It's just a promise ring," Tristin sighed.

"Yeah, yeah whatever. Keep telling yourself that," Sam breathed turning my hand slightly.

"What were you guys up to?" I asked softly changing the subject. Immediately Sam's cheeks blazed red and Jake let out a cough. Hmm did I catch something there?

The rest of the night went well rather uneventful. We watched more movies. Ate chips and more pizza. All in all we acted like normal teenagers. Which was nice considering the fact that we were no longer normal teenagers.

___________________________________________________________________________

A/N

Hey guys once again sorry this took so long and I apologise for it being short. I am working on the next chapter as we speak though so hopefully it will be up soon.

Please remember to Follow, vote and comment if you like this story.

XO Malliecat