~I hate Doctors~

I ended up spending the night at Tristin's. I slept in his bed while he slept on the couch. His grandparents took the whole baby news a lot better than my father and Kathrine. Sure they thought we were way to young, that we were stupid and reckless, but they seemed happy that we planned on keeping the baby.

Instead of going to school we decided to go to the doctors and get me all checked out. I hated the thought of going to the doctors but I knew it had to be done. In all honesty doctors gave me the creeps. I had a major fear of needles and I absolutely despised the tongue depressor thing that looked like an over sized Popsicle stick.

I cringed when the nurse called my name. Tristin and I followed her into a tiny room where she told us to wait for the doctor. They had already taken a urine sample from me as soon as we got here. I took a seat on the examination table while Tristin just stood beside me. An older woman in a white coat entered the room with a worn smile on her face.

“Elaynnah Taylor?” She asked softly.

“Yes,” I answered nervously. She gave me a warm smile as she shut the door behind her. She quickly glanced over my charts then took a seat on the stool beside the examination table.

“I'm doctor Hannah, I have a few questions for you ok?” She asked kindly. I just nodded in response. “ Ok how long have you been sexually active?” She asked softly. I began to blush so I looked down at my hands.

“A month or so ago was my first and only time,” I answered truthfully.

“Ok,” she smiled writing something down quickly. “Ok when was the first day of your last normal menstrual cycle?”

“Umm.. I'm not sure I guess a week and a half before well you know,” I breathed.

“Ok, thank you Elaynnah. I'm going to need some blood work done ok?” I just nodded. “This will help figure if you are far enough along for an ultra sound. If the numbers are high enough you might just be able to see your baby,” she smiled warmly. I guess that made it official I was definitelypregnant. The doctor left the room and a few minutes later another nurse came in and took my blood and sent it off for testing.

It felt like we waited for the entire day for the doctor to return. At about two o'clock she finally returned holding a clipboard that I assumed were my charts. Doctor Hannah had the same smile she had left with on her face.

“I would say you are about five weeks along. Your HGC levels are 8,530 so we will be able to see the yolk sac with a trans vaginal ultra sound,” she smiled. I nodded unable to find the words to say anything. “Ok scootch down here and put your feet here,” she pulled out a long wand looking thing and instantly my brain put two and two together. I closed my eyes as the thing was inserted, talk about embarrassing. “There that's it,” Doctor Hannah said pointing to a little black splotch on the screen.

“That's it?” I gasped amazed.

“Yes would you like me to print you a copy?” I nodded in response. “I'll have the receptionist set you up with the appointments for your next visits,” Doctor Hannah smiled handing me the ultra sound picture.

Doctor Hannah had apparently written down all the prenatal vitamins I should be taking and a list of foods and stuff I should avoid. She had about twenty pamphlets for us to read and a schedule for all my other appointments was printed off for me.

We carried the stack of paper out to Tristin's car silently. The ultra sound picture sat right on top. Everything just felt so real now. We quickly got into the car and drove back to his house. As soon as we pulled up to his road we were hit with bright flashing light. The sound of sirens ran loudly in the air. My heart froze when I saw the ambulance outside of Tristins house.

I could sense Tristin's fairly calm mood instantly turn to full out panic as he slowly pulled the car to the side of the road. I saw Chloe and Tristin's grandmother outside tears running down both of their faces.

“What's going on?” Tristin asked as soon as he stepped out of the car. Immediately he was wrapped in a tight hug as his grandma sobbed into his shoulder.

“Grandpa had a stroke,” Chloe gushed as she too hugged Tristin.

“Is he ok?” Tristin breathed quietly. Chloe just shook her head no.

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N

Hey guys I'm so sorry this is so short I will be updating soon I promise. I hope you like this chapter.

Please leave me some feedback and let me know what you think of the story so far!!

Don't forget to follow and VOTE! VOTE! VOTE! ;)

Malliecat XO