~My friends are your friends~

** 2 weeks later **

My head was still reeling over the fact that my father had been keeping a secret from me for eight months. I was having a hard time dealing with it. I couldn't hold food down very well, I was falling asleep in class. I got winded when I climbed the stairs frequently, and I couldn't seem to get rid of this stupid headache.

"Ready to meet the gang?" Tristin asked happily as I popped two Tylenol. I smiled up at him weakly as he led me into a small diner. "Elaynnah this is Sam, Jake and Paul," Tristin smiled as he pointed to a table with a girl and two guys.

"Hi Elaynnah, Tristin hasn't shut up about you," the girl winked. She didn't look like any of the other girls we went to school with and I remembered seeing her at school once or twice in the hallway. Both her ears were lined with earrings, her eyebrow nose and lip were also pierced. Her dark hair was cut short with bright blue streaks throughout it that matched her eyes. She had a tattoo of a bird on the inside of her right wrist and colourful music notes ran from behind her left ear down her neck. "I'm Sam by the way," she smiled offering me her hand that was covered in silver rings.

"Hi," I breathed shyly.

"I'm Jake," the guy sitting to her left smiled. He had dark hair and blue eyes and like Sam he was covered in piercings. He also had a tribal looking dragon tattooed on his left arm. It spiraled from his shoulder all the way down to his wrist. I nodded a hello at him and turned to the second guy who looked, well out of place. He was slightly nerdy looking with shaggy blond hair and deep chocolate brown eyes.  He had his left ear pierced once and I didn't see any tattoos.

"This is Pollywog," Sam smiled ruffling up the guy’s hair slightly. "He's the baby," she said affectionately.

"Nice to meet you," I whispered softly as I took the seat beside Tristin.

"You're right she is really pretty," Sam gushed leaning back. Tristin blushed slightly at Sam's words.

"Tristin said your father wanted you to meet some new friends," Paul or Pollywog smiled.

"Yeah apparently a high school girl needs a bunch of friends," I answered shrugging slightly.

"So how did you tame our bad boy?" Jake asked looking from Tristin to me.

"I don't think it's possible to tame Tristin," I answered quietly.

"Or maybe he's bringing out the wild side in a good girl like you," Sam winked making me blush like crazy when they all turned to look at me.

"Where did you find such a sweet, good girl?" Jake winked.

"Science," Tristin smiled giving my hand a squeeze.

"I guess I should go to science more often," Jake laughed.

"She's smart too? Tristin you really hit the jackpot," Paul smiled as the waitress brought over three large poutine’s and two pitchers of coke.

"Dig in," Jake smiled as he stabbed a fry with his fork.

The rest of the day went by quickly. Tristin's friends were great. I'm sure they weren't exactly what my father had in mind when he said you need friends, but I had made three new friends. Just like he asked right?

Tristin and I made our way to his car slowly at about seven. I didn't need to be home for another two hours so we drove around for a while talking and laughing. I knew my father had Kathrine over so I wasn't in the mood to hurry home. They were a full out couple now that I caught them. Just looking at my father and her made me slightly queasy.

"Around the block again sir," I laughed as I saw her car still parked in the driveway.  We drove around the block another five or so times waiting for her to leave.

"You're going to owe me gas money little lady."

"Yeah, yeah," I smiled rolling my eyes at him. As soon as Kathrine's car was gone Tristin pulled into the driveway slowly cutting the engine off.

"I think my friends really liked you," Tristin smiled warmly at me.

"What's not to like?" I winked as I leaned in to give him a kiss goodbye.

"My thought exactly." I rolled my eyes and swatted at him playfully before kissing him once again passionately.

"I should get inside before I get grounded again," I sighed pulling away from him.

"Yes. Get out," he joked smacking my butt as I stood up.

"See you later," I smiled.

"Bye Laynnah."

"My father was sitting on the couch when I got inside. He turned his head to look at me quickly before he motioned for me to come over and sit with him. I sighed softly before moving towards the couch. The TV lit up the entire room as it blinked through the commercials.

"Did you make any new friends?" He asked as I sat down beside him.

"Actually yes I did," I smiled.

"That's great," he smiled. "When do I get to meet the girls?"

"Well.... Um... Sam, Jake and Pollywog are great. I really like them."

My father frowned slightly as I mentioned the names. If that was how he was going to react to just hearing their names I was afraid how he'd react when he actually met them. I had gotten friends like he asked me too. What was his problem now?

"Sam, I think her name is actually Samantha , is great," I smiled trying to lighten the mood slightly.

"I’m glad you at least made one female friend," he breathed turning back to the tv.

"What's wrong with guys?" I asked.

"Nothing. A girl should have some female friends though. Remember Lindsay Jones? You and she were so close before your mother passed." I shrugged at the question I vaguely remembered Lindsay. "She was a nice girl," he added. 

"Yeah," I replied quietly. "I should get to bed. School in the morning."

"Yeah night Laynnah."

"Night dad," I smiled before making my way upstairs catching my breath once I got to the top. I wish this cold would just go away. I slipped into my bedroom and quickly changed into some pajamas. As soon as I hit my pillow I was out. Apparently the day really wore me out.

______________________________________________________________________________________

A/N

Hey guys I stayed up extra late and decided to finish the next part for you. I hope you enjoy. I know its short and I promised a longer part :S next time ;)

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think. Don't forget to follow and vote.

XO Malliecat