2. Survival Training! Pass or Fail.

"Normal speech"

"Demon/Corrupted speech"

'Normal thoughts'

'Demon/Corrupted thoughts'

#Disclaimer: I'm only gonna say this once: I don't own Naruto. All rights and claims belong to the epic dude in Japan - Masashi Kishimoto-sama.

VinnythelastHunter: The first Chapters I am leaving as is. Save a few spelling corrects. But after I check it, so on with the story and about the Photo think about Naruto with Gureun drees ok

Chapter 2: Survival Training! Pass or Fail!

Naruto made his way towards the Academy, ignoring the usual stares and glares. It didn't really bother him anymore, he had gotten used to it over the years. The only difference the last week was that he knew why he was getting them. That helped a lot; it was a burden lifted from his shoulders. He didn't have to wonder why.

He walked down one of the alleys, when he saw a person trying to blend in with the railing behind him, using a sheet as cover. The only problem was that it was hanging ninety degrees wrong. He knew right away who it was.

Before he could call him out, Konohamaru jumped out from his "cover" yelling at him "Fight me!" sadly, he hadn't even taken one step, before he tripped over the sheet.

Naruto sweat dropped "What are you doing Konohamaru?"

"I expect nothing less from the man I respect" Konohamaru said, getting up.

Naruto was silent for a few seconds "I didn't do anything. You tripped - again."

Konohamaru totally ignored this and got up, making a hand sign "fight fair and square!"

Naruto shook his head "Sorry Konohamaru. I have to go to my team assignment meeting now."

"Team assignment?" the boy asked confused

"Yeah, I'm a ninja of Konoha starting today!" he said smiling, pointing at his hitai-ate.

Konohamaru stared in awe. He smiled at his big-brother figure "Ok, nii-san. I guess we'll have to do it another day then". And with that, the two boys went on their way.

Naruto made it to the Academy a little earlier than normal. Heck, normally he would have met at least an hour late, since none of the teachers really bothered with him. But that wasn't on his mind today. Today was the first day in the rest of his life, the first step towards becoming the Hokage. Nothing could bring him down. If he was honest with himself, he didn't care much about which team he was assigned. 'Just not Sasuke-teme; he is waaay to broody for me. And I wouldn't mind getting on the same team as Sakura-Chan... though I could image her having a problem with me. I guess I'll do what Tenten told me to.'

- Flashback 3 days ago -

Naruto was walking down one of Konoha's many streets with Tenten. Since the day he had come her father's store, they had become friends. Well, Naruto's first real friend at his own age. Shikamaru and Chouji didn't hate his guts, but they weren't besties either.

"So, have you gotten your team assignment yet?" Tenten asked.

Naruto shook his head "nah, we're getting them in three days. If I'm honest I don't really care what team I get on. I'm just happy I graduated"

"Huh, so you don't care at all? There is no one you would or would rather not be with?" she asked doubtingly

Naruto looked at his new friend with a small smile "well, there is this one guy. Sasuke-teme... He just gets on my nerves all the time."