Chapter 13 : Tête-à-tête with 'him'

Start from the beginning

"So why did you congratulate her?" I asked getting up from the couch and following her to the kitchen with my curiousity at it's peak like always.

" Fatima has become a mother of a cute little baby girl." Mum said smiling to herself.

"Oh." I was really happy for Fatima appi but at this point I was happier that I didn't get to hear the news about Hamza getting engaged and I couldn't say anything about the little bundle of joy that has finally arrived.

"Seems you are lost in your dreamland." Mum said poking at my noise.

"No mum. So when are we going to see the baby?"

"In the evening In Sha Allah." Mum replied and got busy with preparing lunch.

"Ok mum" I said while helping her with the work.

___________

We reached the hospital to see Fatima appi and the baby. I asked mum to wait for me at the entrance while I went to park the car. I moved towards the parking lot and parked my car. The moment I got off and was making my way towards the hospital, a car came at a very fast speed and was almost about to kick me when immediately the driver stopped the car, giving me a heart attack. I was there all red with anger and the moment he got off, I didn't wait for him to speak, and started.

"When you don't know how to drive, why do you drive ha? You were..." The moment I realized who the person was, the words in my mouth froze. It was him.

"Aiza, I'm so sorry, it was my mistake. Are you ok? I hope you didn't get hurt? I'm really very sorry." He looked at me with concern and it was all to make those lazy butterlies get up and dance.

"No, I'm fine and I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have shouted that way, I didn't see it was you." I was embarrassed like never before. I shouted at him. Urrggghhh.

"No it's ok and again I'm really sorry." He looked at me directly in my eyes and I lowered my gaze.

"Umm. Let it be Hamza, I'm fine" I said trying to be normal.

"Wait a minute, I'll just park the car and come back." He said smiling and I nodded.

He smiled and got inside the car. I waited for him to park so that I can go with him. It was weird but I did not want to appear rude by just walking away or maybe because I felt good in his presence.

"Let's go" he came forward and smiled at me.

"So how's the baby" I asked excitedly.

"She's a cutie. I so badly want to pull her cheeks but no one allows me you see. " he said making a puppy face.

"Hamza. She's a one day old baby and you dare not do that" I knew him well so I feared he might actually do it.

"Don't worry I won't." He laughed.

"So has the name been decided yet?"

"Don't you know Fatima appi? She has a long list of names in her mind and is confused with them. Though she has short listed many names but still not finalised any"

"Aww. She must be having a hard time."

"My sister is such an indecisive person I tell you." He said smiling.

We reached the entrance of the hospital and mum was waiting for me. She must be having a lot of questions in her mind after looking at me with Hamza. He greeted mum and she smiled and greeted him back. After the greeting session was over, my mom dropped a bomb on me which made me want to slip under the ground.

"Today when Sadia called me to tell about Fatima's baby and I congratulated her, Aiza thought that you are getting engaged." Mum just said this to Hamzaaa??? She told this to Him. Why mum why? I never knew she loved to embarrass me to this extent. Mum said everything directly to him. What would he think of me? Arrgghhhh... I wanted to cry out loud and I must be all red with embarrassment and the epic thing was, Mr Hamza was smirking at me the whole while. Seriously both of you? My mum and Hamza have joined hands to embarrass the hell out of me I guess.

"What made you think I've chosen someone?" Oh no. I'm dead.

"Ummm because mum congratulated Sadia aunty and I thought maybe you... you know.. " I said looking down.

"So you must be happy that your childhood buddy has finally found someone isn't it?" He's making fun of me now. I so hate him for this. Not gonna spare you dude.

"Yeah, I was doing a happy dance." I whispered that to myself not intending him to hear, but he did or maybe it wasn't that slow, my bad.

"Oh, so someone was jealous." He must have noticed the sarcasm in my voice.

"Not jealous. Why would I be? Felt sorry for the unlucky girl."

"You mean lucky, right?" He winked at me.
He just winked at me, at ME.

"Hamza, you never leave a chance to praise yourself, isn't it?"

"Na, I deserve all the compliments."

"Hamza what's the room number?" My mum who was walking ahead of us asked from Hamza and grabbing the opportunity I walked faster and went next to mum. We reached the room where Fatima appi, her mother-in-law, Rehan bhai, Sadia aunty and none other than the gracious Ali was there. We greeted everyone and I went directly to see the baby. She was masha Allah so cute and extremely pink! Hamza was right, even I want to pull her cheeks, she's such a chubby baby. I was looking down smiling at the little one holding her tiny pink and soft fingers when I saw Hamza looking at me with a slight smile on his face, I immediately looked down hiding my cheeks which must have turned into a dark shade of pink. Suddenly the baby started crying and Sadia aunty came forward and took her from the baby cot in her arms and sat next to me.

"Babies are too cute only till they don't start crying loudly with their shrill voices." Ali said rolling his eyes.

"Then I feel so sorry for your future wife, she would have to do all the efforts by herself." Sadia aunty said giggling.

"Yeah ofcourse, no compromise with my eardrums mum." Ali said that dramatically and it made me laugh that he is so happily talking about his future baby infront of everyone.

"Well in that case, Hamza's wife would be lucky. He loves babies in every condition." Fatima appi said and winked at him. My God look at her condition. She had to undergo an operation but she still can't go without the sarcasm and Hamza was all red. While everyone was laughing at her comment and teasing Hamza, Ali was looking at me and giggling so badly. He must have observed me blushing. Oh no. He is such... I can see the imaginary horns on his head. I removed my gaze from him before he starts doing something more dramtic.

After about an hour, we moved back to our home and dad had already reached back from work. After having dinner, I went to my room to offer Salah. After performing Salah, I directly went to bed. A constant smile was on my lips. I thought of him, his smile, his silly jokes, the way he looks at me. After such a long time, we talked and it was nice. I know he was a non mehram and I should control my feelings but then I know my limits and I'm never gonna cross them, no matter what. Thinking about him and smiling the whole time, I dozed off to sleep.

_____________________