34 - Rafinha Alcantara

Emily

I sat alone at a table at this barbecue my parents made me go to. My mom works with their dad, and they invited us to it. I know no one here and it's extremely awkward watching everyone. Some people were swimming and others were eating.

"My dad is about to cook the fajita!" someone announced. I looked around and saw a man shirtless standing on a chair. His toned body made my nerves go crazy. He quickly whipped his head sideways and caught my gaze. Smirking, because he noticed me staring. My cheeks started to flush red as I turned away sipping on my Coke.

I went back on my phone so I wouldn't look so lonely. I felt the seat dip, signaling someone was there.

"Why aren't you swimming?" he asked and took a swig of his beer. He was still shirtless making me feel nervous.

"I don't know anyone, that's all," I shrugged. He looked back at me and bit his lip slightly.

"And that's what holding you back?" His dark chocolate eyes filled up with curiosity.

I shrugged again and slightly nodded, "I guess, I just don't want to look like some weird person who doesn't belong here."

He chuckled and lightly placed a hand on my thigh, "Well as a host, I should swim with you."

"You don't have to do that if you don't want to," I waved off. He didn't seem to care since he got up extending his arm for me to take.

"Yeah, I wanna go swim, too." He said and pulled me up. "I'm Rafael, but most of my friends call me 'Rafinha.'"

"I'm Emily," I smiled.

"That's pretty," he smiled back and clasped his fingers with mine. He led me to the pool and stared at me.

"What?" I questioned dumbfounded.

"Are you going to swim in that?"

I looked down at my clothes and remembered I had my swimsuit on under. "Oh, I totally forgot." Again he flashed that charming smile that made my knees buckle. "Turn around,"

"Why?" He furrowed his thick eyebrows.

"I don't want you to watch me undress." I replied.

"You act like we're not at a crowded place. They're probably staring too," he said.

"But you're right in front of me," I replied and grabbed the hem of my shirt.

"Well they're over there," he pointed to the party.

I rolled my eyes, "Just turn around."

He groaned and turned around facing the pool, "Fine, Emily."

I quickly undressed while he would steal a glance at me every now and then. "Stop peeking," I laughed.

"I'm sorry," he chuckled.

"You can look," I said and wrapped my clothes in a ball. I felt his gaze eye me up and down, making me feel self-conscious.

"You're beautiful," he said and pulled me into a side hug.

"Thanks," I whispered shyly. We entered the pool and immediately my body froze. "It's so cold!"

He laughed, "You'll get used to of it." He wrapped his muscular arm around my small back. He pulled me into the water, making me freeze even more. "Girl, your teeth are chattering and I can feel your goosebumps."

I chuckled and wrapped both of my arms around him. He seemed to be so warm. "I didn't expect it to be so cold, and then you pulled me in deeper."

He laughed, "I'm sorry."

"You suck," I chattered. He laughed again and brought me closer to him.

---

a/n: these photos seemed to give me some good ideas for a one shot. ... it's finally summertime so i'll be updating more frequently & requests are open. -em (:

 -em (: