• 50% Chance •

I was a wreck. A real wreck. But I didn't care how I looked, all I cared about was PJ and him getting better. I still didn't understand why the universe would be so cruel. Phil kept asking how I was and all I said was fine until the literal tenth time when I flipped and started screaming about he should be caring how PJ was instead of me. That ended in me crying and Dan having to calm me down. I felt bad about screaming at Phil but he was really beginning to get on my nerves. We were in a cab on the way to the way to the hospital and I couldn't keep still. I kept tapping my foot off the ground, something I did when I was nervous. I was so nervous about seeing what state PJ would be in.

When we got to the hospital I ran up to the reception desk with Dan and Phil at my heels. "Hello um... do you know where PJ Ligouri is?" I said. Even in this situation I manage to be awkward. "Yes mmm... PJ" she said typing on her computer. "He is currently in an Intensive Care Unit and only immediate family can visit him." "I'm his fiancé, does that count?" I say desperately. "I'm so sorry miss, that doesn't count but I'm sure he'll be okay" she said with a reassuring smile on her face. "Please let me see him, please" I say only noticing now that I was crying. "Okay maybe I could ask one of the doctors if I could let you in" she said sighing and picking up a phone. "Take a seat in the waiting room and I'll call you over in a moment" she said pointing at a few seats.

We sat and waited. It was honestly the longest moment in my entire life. All I could think about was what if my Peej didn't make it through this. How could I live without him? We were finally called up again and the receptionist told me that she had spoken with the doctor and he's allowing me and Dan and Phil could go see Peej. I thanked her and walked as quickly as possible to the ICU using the directions she gave us.

Phils POV

I was really worried about Bella. Don't get me wrong, I was extremely worried about Peej but I felt like if things went bad Bella would come out the worst from this. I knew her history with depression and stuff from a few years ago when she was feeling homesick and isolated from her friends in university. I hope that won't happen to her again but its likely. All we can do is pray I guess. Dan and I have to wait outside because only one of us can go in at once and obviously Bella went.

Arabella's POV

I walked into the hospital room quite tentatively. I was always scared of hospitals and everything to do with them. I saw Peej lying on a bed with loads of wires attached to him. Even with all that going on he looked surprisingly peaceful. I felt like crying but I knew I had to be strong, for PJ. I took a seat in a chair beside the bed. "Oh Jay, I knew you said you're clumsy but this is ridiculous" I whispered to him holding his hand. "I'm sorry to interrupt Miss Collins but I need to speak to you about how PJ is doing" someone who looked like the doctor told me kindly. "Of course" I said not taking my eyes from PJ's pale face. "Would you like to come to my office?" She asked me. "Alright" I said reluctantly getting up and walking across the hall to her office.

"So Miss Collins, your fiancé PJ is currently in a coma. We doing are best to keep him alive whilst he's in this state but it's difficult without using a lot of drugs. We will need you to sign this on his behalf so that its legal for us to use the necessary amount of drugs to keep him alive. I'm presuming you want to do the best for PJ" she said passing me a sheet of paper and a pen. I signed it without hesitation. I probably should have read it first but I'm sure it'll be fine. If it keeps him alive then it's fine with me. I passed it back to her. "Also it's really hard to say this but PJ only has 50% chance of surviving this. And if he doesn't wake up in a month we will be forced to let him go because at that point there will be such a low chance of him living. I am so sorry."

(edited)