• First day •

I am so unbelievably excited! Its my first day of uni and I'm really nervous. Will people like me? Will I be the only foreigner there? Will everyone else be so smart? Or worst of all will nobody understand my YouTube life? All these scary thoughts and questions flew around my head.

"Hey Bella, what's up?" Phil asked me on the way to uni. Wow, is my face really showing that much worry? "Nothing really, I'm just super nervous. Like what if nobody likes me or they think..." I begun to answer but Phil interrupted me. "Bella of course they'll like you!! In fact, I'm almost completely certain they'll love you." Phil put his hand on my shoulder. "Bella you're pretty, smart and incredibly funny and never ever think otherwise, no matter what anyone says." He said with consideration. "Thank you, Phil" I said as I hugged him. I felt so much better after that. I'm so grateful I have Phil as a friend. He always knows what to say to make you feel better.

Phil walked me to the law building as I hadn't any idea where it was. "Thanks again, Phil!" I said to Phil giving him another hug. As you can see I love hugs. They make me feel safe. "No problem, Bella. Text me if you have any problem, okay?" Phil reassured. "Okay, mum!" I joked "But seriously I'm only a short walk away." He said walking away. "Bye, Philly!! I called back. "Bye, Bells" he laughed.

I walked in and took one of the many free seats as I was early. I hate being late. It makes me very anxious. Weird I know but it's true. The room was starting to fill up when a tall guy with dark brown 2006 emo hair exactly like Phil's walked in. I knew I had seen him before and I was trying to remember where. Was he an old school 'friend'? No... Maybe from the Internet? Tumblr? MySpace? YouTube? Yes he's from YouTube!! Um.. Is his name Harry...? Jonathan...? No... Darren...? Dan..? Dan! It was Dan. He must've noticed me too because he was making his way over to the empty seat next to me. Good thing I remembered his name in time because that would've been awkward!

"Hello, I'm Dan." He introduced and stuck out his hand. "Hey, I'm Arabella, and I've seen one of your videos on YouTube! It's danisnotonfire, right?" I said shaking his hand. "That's me and your ShutUpBella! I really like your videos." He complemented. "Why thank you Dan, your a bit of a comedian yourself." I said. "Thanks Bella ..." He started but was interrupted by the start of the lecture. Wow I've actually made a friend, that was unexpected. And they make videos! I can't wait to tell Phil about this later.

We sit through the extremely long lecture which was scarily boring seeing as that is what I'm going to be doing for the next few years.

"Well that was fun." Dan said sarcastically. "Ya I know wasn't it? I'm so excited to be doing this for the next three years!" I said with the same sarcasm laughing slightly. "I know! But maybe YouTube can save us from it or we can both share a cardboard box? He joked this time. "Haha hopefully it won't come to that law will somehow get a bit more exciting." I said optimistically. "I'm not sure that'll happen anytime soon but we can pray!" He said laughing. It was silent for a few seconds. "Anyway I best be getting home now." He said gathering up is stuff. "Dan, you know if you weren't doing anything, I would love if you'd come back to mine and my friends flat. I'd really like to get to know you better! But if you're busy it doesn't matter." I said smiling. I really would like to get know him better. He seems really lovely and funny. He really reminds me of Phil so I'd say they'd get along. Also I've got nothing else to do today so I'd like to spend my free time making a friend rather than my usual scrolling of the internet. "Sure I'd love to!" He smiled back "Lead the way!"

We walked to the bus stop and once we got there I wasn't really sure where to go and which bus to take. My nervousness this morning meant I wasn't paying much attention. I began laughing at my own stupidity. I didn't even know where my own flat was. Dan looked at me in confusion so I explained the situation and he soon was laughing too.

"Wow Bella, you seem smart behind the camera, at least smart enough to know where you live" he laughed. "Well I'm sorry Daniel, I only arrived here a few days ago and haven't memorised the streets of Manchester" I joked back. "Give me a second, I'll just ring Phil and ask him". I walked away and dialled Phil's number.

(edited)