• lady & gentleman •

"Yo Phil, where do we live?" I asked him down the phone. "What?" he laughed. "Well my class is finished and I kinda don't know where to take the bus to" I said "Oh, just take the bus to Sheffield Street. I'll meet you at the Starbucks a bit farther down the road because I'm at the flat already. I'll see you in around 15 minutes" He explained.

"Okay Sheffield Street in 15 minutes, got it. Thanks Phillip, see ya later dude" I said in an awful attempt at an American accent. "Bella, I love you but please don't" Phil said sighing. "Fine then, be like that" I said pretending to be offended hanging up and turning to Dan.

"Okay we've got to get the bus to Sheffield street. Wherever that is." I said walking over to the map. I looked at the map and figured out it was bus number 204 which fortunately just arrived at the stop. "Well here we are" I said pointing to the vehicle. Dan got on first and bought two tickets of the driver, one for him and one for me.

"You didn't have to pay for me, I'm pretty sure I can spare £1" I said following dan to our seats. "I know you could've but I was trying to be polite. Look at it as an early birthday present" he said sitting down. "Wait how'd you know my birthday was soon?" I asked surprised he'd know that. "I'm psychic I guess" he said winking at me as I sat down. "Well incase you didn't know the exact date, it's October 21st" I said winking back.

After the bus journey, we were walking to the Starbucks and I heard a wolf-whistle from behind me. I prayed to god it wasn't at me. Its so embarrassing when guys cat-call. I quickly glanced behind and of course the guy was staring straight at me. "Hey love would ya wanna go out for some drinks later?" He shouted over at me. I tried to ignore him but he kept shouting dirty things at me. I knew Dan noticed because I felt him start to get annoyed. I was silently hoping he wouldn't do anything stupid. The guy began jogging towards me. "Hey love why are you ignoring me?" He whispered in my ear getting a bit to close for my liking. I could smell the vodka and smoke coming off him. "Because she doesn't like you, mate. Just leave her alone" he said trying too defend me. "Who are you her boyfriend or something? Why are ya with this posh lad, hun?" He said looking angry. Dan also looked like he was going to punch the guy in the face if we didn't leave soon. Dan may have been taller but the guy looked very strong and would knock Dan out no problem so I knew we had to go and fast. I decided to play the act really nice card. "Sorry mate" I said turning to the man "you seem really nice but I've got a boyfriend". I linked my arm with dans and walked off towards the Starbucks.

As soon as I knew he couldn't hear us I started giggling. Dan stood there staring at me looking a bit confused. "Wait, you have a boyfriend?" Dan asked. "Well no not really" I answered still giggling "unless you count owing Pj Liguori a date".

We walked through the entrance to the Starbucks and I saw Phil sitting at a table for two in the corner. He had his laptop with him and his earphones in probably watching YouTube videos. I walked over to him and poked his face to get his attention. He looked up at me and stood up to give me a big hug. "Hey Evie! How was your first day?" He asked and then he noticed Dan standing awkwardly behind me.

"Wait you're the guy from that video Bella showed me, aren't you?". "Yep and its Dan by the way" Dan said holding his hand out for Phil to shake. Phil looked at his hand but instead hugged him taking Dan by surprise. "Sorry Dan, I forgot to mention, he's a bit of a hugger" I laughed. "Anyway," Dan said backing out of the hug "I'm going to get a coffee, do you want anything?" He asked us. "Ya sure, I'll have a coffee too but you payed for my tube ride and tried to save me from that creep so I'll pay this time. Take a seat sir" I demanded. "Wait, what creep?" Phil asked concerned. "It was nothing Phil, don't worry!" I said quickly. "Well, I can't let the lady pay so I will" Dan said thankfully changing the conversation. "Well Daniel, I'm certainly not a lady but if you want to be a gentleman so badly you can get them." I said defeated. "Thank you" Dan said walking up to the counter. "Ugh supposed gender roles" I said rolling my eyes.

"Well he seems nice" Phil said "do you think he's good looking?". "I suppose Phil, I've only just met him. Plus I owe Peej a date and I really like him, like a lot." I answered. "Aw how cute!! Young love" Phil squeaked and I hushed him. "Well he's coming next week for your birthday so tell him you really like him, like a lot, then! Oh I'm so excited for Pella (sorry) to be a thing"

(edited)