Pacifica's Boss

Pacifica looked up at me, wiping her bloody nose. I glared back. How did she know that I was going to be here? What does she want with me?

I looked around at the others. Ford had managed to uncover the pit that Stan had fallen into, and was helping him out of it. Dipper was flying around, calling for Gideon. Mabel had found Golden, and was holding her while helping Dipper search for Gideon. I turned my attention back to Pacifica. She was holding an armed bow and arrow, pointing it right at me.

"You'll never get away from me, William, " Pacifica snarled. "You're dead, just like your family."

At this, my heart skipped a beat. I remembered the newspaper with the picture of the burning house. My house. Anger boiled up inside me, and I lifted Pacifica off the ground. She dropped the bow and arrow.

"You know who I am then," I stated.

"Your real name is Bill Cipher," Pacifica spat in my face. "I've been after the Cipher family ever since I was eight. I thought that I killed them all in the fire, but apparently you escaped."

"Why were you after us?" I asked, slowly forming my and into a fist.

Pacifica reached for her throat.

"My...boss.." Pacifica choked.

I uncurled my fist, and dropped my arm. Pacifica fell to the ground, trying to catch her breath.

"Your boss?" Mabel asked, suddenly appearing by my side.

Pacifica stood up, and strapped her bow around her.

"Yeah," Pacifica answered. "My father."

"Preston?" Ford asked, walking over to us. He helped Stan limp over to us. "That man has been a thorn in my side ever since you turned eight."

"Yes, he is like that," Pacifica replied, smirking.

Suddenly, Pacifica widened her eyes, and stepped back. She placed a hand on her forehead, and shook her head.

"W-Where am I?" she asked. "The last thing I remember is father ringing the bell."

"A bell?" I asked.

Pacifica stiffened when she looked at me. She then looked away.

"Yes, a bell," Pacifica replied, moving her hair away from her face.

I noticed scars on her cheek, and I frowned. Pacifica saw me staring at them, and moved her hair back.

"Who did that to you?" I asked, pointing.

"My father," Pacifica replied, looking down. "When I refused to kill a demon baby, he slashed at my cheek with his knife."

"What a horrible father," Mabel said, clenching her fists. "He has no right to do that to his daughter."

"Wait," I said, thinking. "So everything horrible that you did wasn't really you?"

Pacifica nodded.

"When father rings the bell, I become his puppet, and I don't remember anything that happened when he rings the bell again," Pacifica replied.

"I told you to never tell anybody about the bell!" an angry voice yelled from the trees.

Pacifica turned pale as her father, Preston Northwest, emerged from the trees.