The Shadows

Bill's Point Of View:

"NO! DON'T TOUCH THAT!"

A loud explosion made me jump out of a bed, knocking Golden to the floor in the process. A pounding headache flew into my head, and I sat back down on the bed, holding my head. I heard running feet, and the door slammed open. Mabel stood in the doorway, half of her body covered in soot.

"Mabel?" I asked, removing my hands. "What happened?"

Mabel didn't reply, but grabbed my hand, and dragged me downstairs. Golden ran after us, and we soon reached the living room. Stan and Ford were holding onto Gideon and Dipper. They were trying to grab at each other. The wall next to them was on fire, and everyone was covered in soot.

"Gideon! Why did you press that button?!?" Dipper yelled from Ford's arms.

"It said 'press me'!!!" Gideon yelled back from Stan's arms.

"Thanks to you, we have no protection against Pacifica's minions!!!"

"You know my curiosity!!!"

Mabel let go of my hand, and ran into the middle of them.

"Stop arguing!!!" Mabel yelled, raising her arms.

A force blew them backwards, and I stood there, speechless. Mabel sighed, then looked at me.

"William, I dragged you down here for a good reason," Mabel said.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Since we now have no protection against Pacifica's...minions...we need to protect you from them," Stan explained, pushing Gideon off him.

"I can take care of myself," I stated, firmly grasping my locket.

"No," Ford said, shaking his head. "You do not understand. Now, Mabel's vision will surely come to pass."

I let go of my locket, and stepped back with a gasp. Ford suddenly looked up, and forcefully pushed Dipper off him.

"We've run out of time," he whispered.

Golden started to hiss, and she crawled up my arm. The door opened up, and shadows crawled along the floor.

"Run," Stan ordered.

We took off running to the back door, the shadows chasing us. I heard Dipper scream as one of the shadows grabbed onto his ankle. Gideon stopped and tried to pull him free. Instead, the shadow pulled them both into the ground. They merged with the shadow, and it took off to the front door.

Mabel suddenly cried out, and grabbed Golden. Another shadow had wrapped itself around her, merging her with it. I tried to grab her outstretched arm, but Stan pulled me back. The shadow sunk back onto the floor, and took off after the first shadow.

We soon reached the back door, and ran outside. The sunlight made the shadows waver, and disperse. We stood there, trying to catch our breath. Ford and Stan took off into the air, and I followed. We hung in midair for a while before something clicked in my brain.

"Wait, why couldn't we do this before?" I asked.

"Pacifica's shadows prevent us from using any of our demonic powers," Ford explained. "That's why we had to run into the sunlight."

"Where did the shadows take everyone?" I asked.

"I think I have an idea," Stan said, and flew off.

We followed. Stan led us to a clearing, and we landed. Dipper and Mabel were tied up to a tree. Golden and Gideon were nowhere to be seen. Pacifica stood there, arms behind her back.

Stan took a step forward, and the ground gave out from underneath him. He cried out in surprise as he fell into a pit, and the ground then covered itself back up.

"Stan!" Ford yelled, and clawed at the ground.

I watched, then turned my attention to Pacifica. I flew up into the sky, and straight at her, my hand a fist. She looked up in surprise as I punched her in the nose. She cried out, and, grasping her nose, she fell backwards. I pointed at the rope that held Dipper and Mabel, and it snapped in two. Dipper flew off to look for Gideon, and Mabel flew off to look for Golden.

"You," Pacifica spat. "I knew you would come."