Mama wolf, secrets and phrophecies.

Start from the beginning

"Are you ready for the bite?". I nodded and moved closer to him opening my scapular to him. I sensed his hesitation and it broke my heart to have to put him through this. Call me selfish even if it hurts him to do this I wanted his face to be the last thing I saw if death was to be my fate.

"Do it now baby. I love you, do it for me for us. Do it my future husband". I said indirectly proposing to him. And that did it for him because he went ahead and bit me. Boy did it hurt like a bitch I felt his venom course through my veins as I dropped down.

But he caught me since I never got all the way to the floor, I lost every sense of reasoning and was far from coherent even though the last thing I knew before I welcomed the dark was his lips moving with me hearing nothing.

Georges Pov

This was it, I had just bitten my Mira and the look of excruciating pain on her eyes and face had me regretting changing her into a wolf. And this was only the beginning, it was bound to get worse. We both agreed we didn't want anyone seeing her at her weakest most especially the children, so we were locked in the 'Guests wing' of the palace.

She was unconscious and that made me happy knowing she won't be in pain and she looked peaceful while she slept. Knowing it wouldn't last for long, with her laid in bed I thought back to how Mira was naturally stubborn and disobedient. If she has a wolf she would be more obedient and forthcoming.

I grinned wickedly to myself, good thing I was alone else I would have to be admitted to a psych ward.

Who knew the fates were about to throw me another 'curve ball', the waiting game started almost immediately. While on everyone that ha made a change from human to wolf had not fallen asleep, Mira had. I thought it was a good thing at first but when the wait for her to wake up started I knew something had seriously gone wrong.

Minutes turned into hours and hours turned to days. Nothing was physically wrong with her from a doctor's perspective, I made sure she was forced fed and had all the required nutrients in her system in the form of IV.

On the third day, I asked that every healer in the kingdom be summoned. The news had spread all over the island. With some criticising my decision to change her while she was pregnant. These words were all 'hear say' no one dared say anything to me.

The children were in sombre mood, and I wasn't faring any better. But I had to be strong for them and Mira would have wanted that. I was getting really ratty with my mate sleeping. My wolf wanted to hear our mate's sweet voice even if it meant her telling me off for something I did wrong.

The children felt like let downs since they couldn't heal her even though they had the power in them to do so. Nothing was working, I summoned the high priestess who had been in hibernation for eighteen days praying to the goddess. But the goddess won't let her out the doors to the temple has refused to open. Which meant the goddess wanted her to remain in there.

Josh had to knock me out because I hadn't slept since Mira fell asleep and it was the eighth day. I woke up two days later, with Mira still sleeping. Her baby bump was very obvious. I still didn't know how many kids were in there. Josh had categorically stated he won't tell anyone.

The children no longer went to school, they wanted to be next to their mother when she woke up. And I was ok with that as long as they spent their time training.

It never eases to amaze me how close Josh is to Mira, he comes in every day to read her stories, and tell her all about the day's event. Before he leaves every night for bed, he kisses her head and the her tummy. I find it cute and wonder how Mira would have survived without him there for her.