Chapter 30: The Nightmare Before The Night Before Christmas (Eve)

(Swearing and themes of self harm. Read at your own peril.)

Duska

This is the first dream that i've had since bringing Gaster and my Dad back from the void. The small room that i'm in is covered in what seems to be blood, it sure smells like something dead. A knife sat opposite from where I stand, it seems like an ordinary kitchen knife.

"Hello."

I spin around to see a child below me, they seem to look a lot like Frisk but they're wearing a green and yellow jumper instead of Frisks' blue and purple one. Something in the back of my head tells me to wake up quickly but I seem not to be able to, no matter how hard I pinch myself.

"You can't wake, not unless I allow you."

"Who are you?"

"Me? I'm Chara. It's nice to meet you."

"Uh... nice to meet you too."

"No it's not."

I flinch in surprise, taking a step backwards and away from her.

"Huh?"

"For you, meeting me... is probably the worst thing that could ever happen to you."

She walks around me and heads for the knife. I walk backwards towards the wall, away from the possible danger.

"You see, even if I use all of my power, you wouldn't be very useful for killing anyone. But..."

I feel something wrap around my arm and I turn my head to see apart of the wall growing around it. I try and pull away but it grabs my leg and i'm unable to escape it. I feel tears falling down my cheeks, someone please wake me up.

"... I could destroy their happiness. Frisk looks up to you, to Flowey your his best friend and to that fat bag of bones..."

She turns and the most terrifying face is planted on that small girl. Her steps echo throughout the small room, despite it's size it still feels like she took years before reaching me.

"... if he ever lost you, he would lose his mind!"

Sans

Christmas Eve is tomorrow and it took Duska hours before she was tired enough to sleep, even her energetic friend Tianna got to sleep before her. She still hasn't found anywhere to put up that mistletoe, it sounds creepy when I think how much I like her kissing me. I love her, just as much as I love Papyrus but differently of course. Right now Asgore, Toriel, Dad, Sylin, Flowey, Undyne, Alphys, Papyrus, Frisk, Tianna and I are all in the lounge room watching a movie, Duska said that she was tired and so she went to bed in her room. A sudden slam from upstairs makes me and everyone else in the lounge room jump, it sounds like it came from the bathroom.

"What w-was that?"

"Was it the wind?"

"no, there are no open windows up there."