Chapter 21: Laughing Into The Void

Duska

Knocking. All I hear is knocking. It sounds like ten hands are all knocking on the door to my hotel door.

"Urgh... EVEN A FLOWER NEEDS SLEEP!"

"Shush Flowey! Your louder then them!"

"HUMAN! FLOWER! WE ARE GOING TO PLAY SOMETHING FRISK CALLS VIDEO GAMES! COME QUICKLY!"

At the words 'video games' I throw off my blanket and run into the bathroom with my day clothes. As I exit I grab Flowey's pot and run into the hotel hallway where Papyrus, Sans, Frisk, Undyne and Alphys are all waiting for me. Undyne points to Flowey with a skeptic look on her face.

"You bringing the flower?"

"Yeah, could be good for him."

The group accepts my decision and we all enter the skeletons room, Sans' bed is easy to guess as it's the messier one of the two beds. Papyrus and Undyne move the beds as Frisk helps Alphys plug the consoles into the TV. After five minutes the bunch of us are leaning against the wall while sitting on the sideways beds, Flowey is leaning against the pillow beside me. Sadly I don't get to choose the first game, Papyrus does.

"What is 'Wheel of Fortune'?"

"Pick that one! It's a word guessing puzzle game!"

Undyne groans loudly at the mention of puzzles as Papyrus quickly selects it. As the player screen comes up I notice a major flaw.

"Oh no. Papyrus, it's only a three player game."

"WE WILL PLAY THIS GAME!"

"I-I don't mind w-watching."

"Me and Frisk wanna watch too."

"My leaves can't reach the remote. You three play."

Sans is first player and named himself, Words. Second player is Papyrus who made his gaming name Papyrus, a little boring.  I'm the third player and I decided to name myself Blap.

"Blap? Why Blap?"

"First thing that came to mind."

Sans' first roll of the wheel came up as four hundred dollars which he clapped excitedly at. When he had to guess a letter he guessed 'B' and came up with nothing.

"i tried."

"MY TURN! THE GREAT PAPYRUS WILL-"

As he talks triumphantly the wheel stops on 'lose a turn' which makes everyone in the room laugh until their sides hurt, including me.

"NOT FUNNY!"

"IT TOTALLY IS!"

The yelling contest between Undyne and Papyrus just made me burst into laughter again. I saw Sans and Frisk join in with the laughter which ended up lasting twenty minutes. It was finally my turn to roll.

"This game isn't going to end well..."

"Just spin it!"

It spins and lands on the one hundred dollar part.

"Um... 'S'."

Two S's appear on screen and I instantly know what it is.

"I KNOW IT! I swear if i'm right..."

I spin the wheel again and it lands on the five hundred. I buy a vowel with my hundred to guess the 'E'. Four appear on the screen.

"HOW ARE YOU DOING THIS!?!"

"Like I said, I swear I know this."

Another spin, two hundred this time. This time I pick 'B'. Two pop up which makes Sans burst into laughter, he got it too.