Chapter 18: Sylin

Duska

"WAKE UP!"

"Woah!"

"ahh!"

I kick something hard while also being hit right in the shin, both me and whatever I kicked ended up on the ground below the couch. I sit up to find Sans clutching his knee just as he looked at me holding my aching shin.

"oww... sorry kid if i hurt ya."

"It's fine, it'll- ow!"

I tired to stand but I think he bruised my leg badly. I look up to see his apolegetic face while Papyrus has a knowing grin.

"OF COURSE, YOU NEED THE GREAT PAPYRUS TO HEAL YOU!"

The one who woke us up in fright sits between us and lays a hand on each of our legs, an orange glow came from under his gloves. A few moments later my leg stopped aching but a bruise still remained.

"thanks bro."

"Thanks Pap!"

"OF COURSE! THE GREAT PAPYRUS IS HAPPY TO HELP!"

"so uh... why'd you wake us?"

"IT'S TWO HOURS UNTIL WE NEED TO CATCH THE TRAIN!"

"What!?! Why didn't you wake us sooner!?!"

"YOUTWOLOOKEDSOADORABLELAYINGTHEREIDIDN'TWANTTOWAKEYOU! AND YOU ALSO LOOKED TIRED!"

"Wait... repeat that first reason?"

"I HAVE TO GO PACK SANS' BELONGINGS!"

He runs off in a hurry towards Sans' room, obviously embarrased about whatever that first reason for not waking us was. I look over to a slightly blushing Sans but the blush disappears quickly and he stands up.

"i uh... did what i said i would."

"Huh? Do you have twenty HP now?"

"yep, it was tiring. i found you here on the couch but i didn't have the energy to go to my room, so i crashed there."

"That's fine Sans, you were tired. Um... your not lying about the HP thing are you? Did you really get twenty HP?"

"of course kid, i wouldn't lie to you about that. i saw how worried you were about me."

The room becomes awkwardly quiet as he helps me up and we proceed to just stand in the loungeroom. 

"shouldn't you pack for mettaton's party?"

"Oh! Yeah! Thanks for reminding me. Gimme twenty minutes or so, maybe less."

"all good kid."

I run into my room and begin throwing clothes into my suitcase, just for the night and the proceeding day. I also put in one of my drawing books, a music book and pencils to accompany them. I carefully put in the outfit that Mettaton made for me into the case before zipping it up, I had wanted to see the outfit before the party and I had loved it.

"HUMAN!! WE ARE WAITING FOR YOU!"

"I'm coming! I'm coming! Hold your socks..."

"I DO NOT NEED TO! THEY ARE IN THE SUITCASE!"

"It's an expression Paps!"

As we leave the train station and enter a Mettaton's limo I see a strange look on Papyrus' face as he stares at his brother. Sans notices after a few minutes and begins staring back.

"what are we doing?"

"YOUR HP..."

"yeah? what about it?"