Chapter 9: A New Look

Sans

A whole day sleeping... I used my time today very wisely. Grillby always let me sleep on the desk in his diner, so it's technically my home away from home.

"SANS!"

"hey bro."

"WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY?"

"nothing. you?"

"UNDYNE AND I WENT TO A GYM AND HELPED TRAIN HUMANS!"

"sounds like fun."

"I ALSO TRIED USING PUZZLES BUT THEY PREFERRED UNDYNE'S WORKOUT."

"Because puzzles suck Papyrus!"

"THEY DO NOT SUCK! I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, WILL PROVE THIS TO YOU ONE DAY!"

"Hmpf... Good luck with that."

As we turn the corner into our street the sight of trucks being filled with expensive equipment say that we've returned at the right time.

"Oh! Hello darlings! I wondered when you'd return!"

The figure of Mettaton's walks up to us with his usual bounce but now his smile is incredibly larger than it was before we left.

"I have transformed your girl! She looks simply ravishing. Come inside, quickly now!"

Undyne and I share a look of 'should we laugh at this or not?' We quickly head for the apartment as both Papyrus and Mettaton had gone inside without us. As the door opens, whatever brain I have immediately dies. The girl I had seen this morning in her cloud pajamas and unbrushed hair is now in a long dark blue dress that cuts off just before her ankles. Her usual unkempt black hair is now in a straightened ponytail with sparkly glitter within it. As she looks at us her some what happy face turns to one of shyness as her arms cross over her chest.

"I told you they'd hate it Mettaton."

"They're not hating darling! They're loving you!"

"You certainly look... different. Oh! Your eye patch!"

I quickly notice it as Undyne brings it up, her eye patch has begun peeling off.

"What!?!"

She turns towards the mirror beside her and begins playing around with the white square of bandages that's taped to her face.

"I swear Mettaton if your cosmetics did something to this eye..."

"I was careful darling!"

"Wait. It isn't hurting."

"really? show us."

She peels off the bandage as the rest of us walk closer to her, i'm still admiring how wonderful she looks in the dress... Duska turns back to us and I smile wider as I see the cuts on and around her eye are almost completely invisible now, it's not even bruised. She remains to keep her eye closed however, I guess she's worried if it looks fine or not.

"Didn't you heal a little faster than you should of?"

"Maybe Papyrus' healing sped it up somehow."

"REALLY? THE GREAT PAPYRUS WINS AGAIN!"

"You don't even know how you did it do you!?!"

"THAT IS IRRELEVANT UNDYNE!"

"Hey Sans."

"yeah kid?"

"Should I try opening it?"

"if you think it's alright."