Chapter 23 - Finally!

~ Please comment as you read along the chapter coz I rlly enjoy reading ur reactions! Enjoy! ~

: Writer's POV :

"Did you do it yet?" Henry loudly whispers through the letter box. What the newly engaged couple did not know, was the fact Henry hadnt gone anywhere. He did not go back to Regina's like he had informed them, he simply sat under the window of the lounge outside and listened to every single word.

"Bloody hell..." Killian thinks aloud at Henry's intrusion. Emma laughs and rests her head on his chests, giggling onto his body.

"Get in here, you Nosy Parker!" She calls out to him.

The sound of the door opening then closing echoes out to them. Henry enters the room with a giant grin on his face once he sees the ring.

"Finally! You know, Killian, I really thought you weren't gunna do it since you were taking so long." Killian scratches behind his ear in embarrassment, turning slightly red.

"Thanks, lad." Killian says sarcastically.

"No worries. Now, I'm gunna go call everyone to meet at granny's diner as a celebration, ok?" Henry tells them rhetorically. He exits the room, bounding upstairs to call friends and family.

****

It was 6 o'clock in the evening and everyone was finally gathered at Granny's Diner. Killian and Emma were talking happily to Regina and Robin whilst music played in the background. Snow, David and Henry were laughing with the dwarves, eating Regina's famous lasagne. And Rumple and Belle were silently talking in a corner, blocking out the rest of the world. Ruby, Ella and Aurora also came along.

However, everyone was oblivious as to why they were attending such a last minute dinner.

"So, not that I'm complaining about the free food, but may I ask why we're here?" Robin asks.

"Good question, what's the occasion?" Adds Regina.

Killian and Emma exchange glances, telepathically asking eachother whether it's time to spread the happy news. A slight nod of Killian's head and a grin from Emma answers that question immediately.

Emma takes a full glass of champagne from the table and taps it multiple times with her nail, creating a loud enough noise to grab people's attention. The loud music is turned off and all eyes are on Emma.

She sets the glass down and begins,

"Hi guys. Now, your probably wondering why your gathered here. Some of you might even be worried since everytime we've met here was because of defeating a villain. Well, don't fret, there's no villain."

"Thank God for that!" Grumpy shouts out making everyone laugh.

Eyes go back to Emma,

"It's actually good news that your gathered here, correction- amazing news. We wanted to tell our closest friends and family first." Emma takes in a deep breath and grips Killian's hand.

"Killian and I are engaged!" Emma exclaims. Clapping brakes out among the Diner and Emma's parents rush over to congratulate them.

"Finally!" David says, lightly slapping Killian on the back.

"Why's everyone keep saying that?"

"Well, you did take a while..." David let's out a deep laugh.

"Thanks, mate." Killian rolls his eyes.

For the rest of the night people talked and laughed, learning more and more about one another's pasts. Every five minutes Emma and Killian had people come up to them and congratulate them about their engagement.

By the time the towns clock struck twelve, multiple dwarves were drunk and many people were leaving. Happy, the drunkest out of all the dwarves, fell over on the way out of the building.

In a matter of 5 minutes, only the Charmings, Emma and Killian were left at Granny's Diner.

"We better be heading home too, I had one of the fairies baby sit Neal and it's long past when I said we'd be home." Mary Margaret says, picking up her coat alongside David.

They say their farewells, leaving just Emma and Killian alone in the dark night.

"Did you enjoy yourself, Swan?" Killian asks, bringing Emma into his strong arms.

"I did. And remember, soon it won't be Swan, it'll be Jones." She smiles warmly up at him.

"Aye it will, however that doesnt mean I wont stop using your nickname." He leans in and presses his lips against hers, gently but passionately.

She pulls away,

"I'm cold, let's go home." Emma shudders and tugs at Killian's jacket.

"If the lady insists..." He reaches down and picks her up bridal style, ready to carry her all the way home.

"I love you, Killian." She whispers into his scruff.

"And I love you, Emma."

~fyi: next chapter is going to go straight where it left off.

Let's just say Emma and Killian what to 'celebrate' getting engaged Rx~