"Right here," the doctor said before turning and entering a room.  

There revealed my mother lying there in a hospital gown with and IV and everything.  

"Avalon, is that you?" She asked and her eyes lit up. I haven't seen this is years. 

"Mom?" I questioned approaching her. 

"She gone. Baby, she's gone, for good I can feel it," my mom smiled at me with tears in her eyes.  

"Really? I've missed you so much," I said before collapsing to her side and hugging her tighter than I had before. I still needed to catch Niall up.  

"I'm sorry, I've missed nine years of birthdays and nine years of everything and, god, you look beautiful," she sad as tears filled my eyes.  

"It's okay, mom, I understand. And trust me it hasn't been the best lately," I said smiling at her small figure.  

Niall did the cliche fake cough to get my attention. 

"Oh, mom, this is my friend Niall. He's helped me out a lot lately," I said as Niall walked closer.  

"Hi, I'm Avalon's mom, but you can call me momma Val," she said and Niall laughed.  

"Yeah, I still need to explain this to him so I'll be right back," I said before getting up and taking Niall out in the hall.  

"Okay, what's going on!" He whisper shouted. 

"Okay, you see that woman in there, she's my real mom. My mom has Dissociative Identity Disorder which causes different personalities to take form inside one body," I said as Niall looked at me confused.  

"Okay, the terrible woman that you heard about, yeah she was Rebecca," I said. 

"Oh my gosh, it makes sense now," he said looking off into space.  

"Yeah. Okay so when she got pregnant with me she was Valerie, my mom. When I was born, Rebecca. Then apparently 6 months later, according to Brandon, she was Valerie again. Then she was Valerie until I was nine and since then she's been Rebecca."  

"And now Valerie's back," Niall said.  

"Yep, exactly. Niall you don't understand how great it is to see my mother over there smiling d happy that I'm alive. It feels amazing and no one could ever take this feeling away," I said as he pulled me into a bigger hug.  

"Well then you've got some catching up to do," he said motioning to the room. 

"Yeah," I said and Niall turned the other direction. 

"I think I'm gonna to head home. I'll call Louis to give me a ride," he said walking down the hall backwards. I just waved at him and smiled.  

I walked back in and she smiled at my face.  

"Now where were we?" I asked before kneeling to her side.  

"You've got some catching up to do," she said laughing.  

"Yeah but first, why are we here," I asked motioning to the hospital. 

"Oh, you know that bitch Rebecca tried to kill herself," my mom said quietly.  

"Really?" I questioned thinking of what it would have been like with no mom.  

"Yeah but in the whole series of events, Rebecca, as I say, died," my mom laughed. 

I laughed with her and we talked all night long and caught up on everything, even the bad things. I finally knew what it was like to have a mom again and this feeling, god it's amazing.