Starting school and settling in

Start from the beginning

They were happy with their rooms and that made mother happy. She had put in lots of efforts towards getting them settled in. After saying goodnight to them, I left Mira in our room to freshen up while I left to have a chat with my parents and gran. I signalled them to follow me into what we call he quiet room.

"So, what did you make of them?" I asked no one in particular. I saw the smile in all their faces.

"Oh I love them already, they are so cute and I'm already looking forward to taking them shopping." Grandmother said bouncing in her chair like a little girl.

"Me too, I love their hair. I'm already thinking of buying them lots of hair accessories." Ugh here we go.

"Joshua is not only intelligent, but also very powerful even though he's trying to conceal it. I could still feel it. And that's a lot of power coming from a fifteen year old."  Father said with seriousness.

"About that, father you have no idea how much he's capable of. And to think he's never had training. Just pretend you know nothing and you should be fine with Josh. I learnt that the hard way."

"And he's of royal blood." Grandfather said with a gravely sounding voice.

"My wolf said the same when I met him, but I thought he was a bit confused."  He growled at that but I just chuckled blocking him off.

"Well he is a fairy royalty indeed, and from the power he omits, I would place him at the top. He is either a prince or king. Just he's still young and doesn't know it yet."  Grandfather added.

I was really shocked and so was grandmother and mother. "Give him a title just like your kids, he should be referred to as Prince Joshua henceforth."  My wolf agreed and so did father.

What was going on? What was I not understanding? I was definitely missing something. These people have always been extremely cautious, so them asking this of me was surprising.

"Everything will fall into place soon son, and we'll get a better understanding at that time." Mother said.

"But the fairy royal family perished well over thirty years ago, and there was never a recount of them having a son. What we do know is they had a princess and they all disappeared. Until their corpse were found burnt in a vehicle. No one to this day other than the fairy council knows what happened."

Father said with a twinge of bitterness. The fairy king grew up with father, they were not only friends but also close allies. The last time father heard from him was when he called to say they just had a princess. And father had jokingly told him he wished I was mated to their daughter. Even though they knew the chances of that happening was next to none.

"Enough with the sad thoughts, mother the kids are going to check out what school they'd like to attend tomorrow. I was thinking you could take them shopping when we get back. It will give Mira time to work." I said heading for the door.

"Work? What does she do?"   They asked. And I laughed at that.

"She has several businesses, a construction company and farms in India and Africa. So she mostly works on her computer from home and attends to sign important deals."  I said proudly.

"That's interesting I could have swore I thought she was maybe a supermodel." Mother said and gran agreed with her. Nodding her head. "How is it she looks so good after five children? I'm jealous of her body."  Mother said pouting.

"Her sister, you'll never guess who she is. I'll give you a clue though, your favourite model mother. You once said put a sack on her and she would look just as gorgeous."  I said smirking.