Hetero: The seventh straw.

One slap.

One kick.

One punch.

A fall.

A trip.

And a crunch.

My face had been smashed up against the wall, something was pressed into my back, keeping me in place. No doubt it was Jeremiah holding me down, Axel's best friend. He thought that I had infected Axel, making him like myself; interested into the opposite sex.

Somehow, word had spread of Axel and I's kiss.

But it had all been blamed on me.

In their eyes, straight-A achieving, popular and high spirited Axel would never have fallen for a girl willingly. Brainwashing was one word I heard someone use, another person was convinced that I was threatening Axel, and making him be my heterosexual lover.

"You're a disease," Jeremiah sneered into my ear, sending another punch to my already bruised back. "You're an infection," Another kick. "You're a virus."

I wanted to tell them to stop, but I knew I couldn't. I shouldn't. Because, in truth, their words made sense.

I was a disease. I was an infection. I was a virus.

So I just gave up. I allowed them to beat and bruise me until they deemed it was enough. I deserved it.

I thought I'd ruined Axel's life, by being in it. I thought he-just like everyone else-saw me as the scum on his shoe. I thought that he cared about what people thought about him.

But then Axel had pulled Jeremiah away from me, and threw a punch to his best friend's gobsmacked face. He had gotten angry at what Jeremiah had done, and proven my thoughts wrong. "Leave us the hell alone," Axel shouted. "Or a punch to your imbecilic, heterophobic face won't be the only thing you'll be getting!" He threatened.

It was my turn to be gobsmacked.

Axel did care.