Chapter 9 The Aftermath

A/N: hope you enjoy! Also the next chapter should be up tomorrow.

Disclaimer: characters are all Cassandra Clare's, I just own the plot.

Clary's POV

The next day at about 7:00am, I got a phone call. She checked the called ID and saw it was Izzy I answered it,

"Izzy? What's wrong?" I asked, I knew something was wrong, Izzy never called this early, though I was glad it was Saturday though.

"It's Jace..." She trailed off, as clary her choke on what sounded like tears, "he's been involved in an accident." She said, my eyes widened,

"When was this?" I asked, I started panicking.

"Around 7:45PM yesterday, why do you ask?" Izzy said, I gasped quietly, and put a hand over my mouth,

"Oh god." I said all muffled, this was my fault, 'if I hadn't shouted at him and told him to leave my house this wouldn't have happened.' I thought to myself

"Clary, what's wrong?"

"Izzy he was at my house last night, but he turned up late, and he tried to apologise to me but I told him to leave, this is all my fault." I said, gasping as I was about to cry.

"Clary, this is not your fault, apparently he wasn't concentrating or something and the next thing he crashed into a lorry or something." She explained, I shook my head, though she couldn't see me, she didn't understand.

"You don't get it Izzy, when I told him to leave he seemed devastated, even when he said he was sorry about being late, he looked like honestly forgot, sure he decided at first to stand me up for a slut like Kaelie but he still came over and I told him to leave if I wasn't so angry..." I trailed off.

"Listen to me Clary, I called you to tell you about Jace so you could be here for him, I know this wasn't your fault, so please just come to the hospital, I know he'd appreciate you being here." She said, probably ignoring the thing I said about Kaelie. I sighed shakily,

"Okay I'll come to the hospital." I whispered and then hung up the phone and rushed to get dressed, before waking up Sebastian.

When he woke up, he saw that I had been or was about to cry and sat up,

"What's wrong?" At that I burst out crying.

"Jace, he's was in an accident." I said in between tears, he hugged me tightly and stroked my hair gently,

"Come on, let's get you to the hospital." He said, I nodded.

After Sebastian got dressed, we went into the car and he drove me to the hospital.

"You coming?" I asked as I was getting out of the car, he nodded and got out of the car as well.

We walked into the hospital to wear Izzy was, I hugged her when I saw her,

"Is he okay? Can we see him?" I asked, she shook her head,

"Not yet." She said, "but we will be able to soon, okay? Let's sit down." I nodded and went to sit down and saw Simon,

"Simon? Why are you here I though you didn't like Jace?" I asked, Simon eyed Izzy who was talking to her brother Alec over where they couldn't hear.

"Oooh that's why. So she asked you to come here?" I asked, he nodded.

"I thought it was because you needed someone to be there for you other than Seb, but apparently not, I think she wanted me here for her and not you, no offence." He said, I shook my head,

"None taken." I looked back at Izzy, "so you and Izzy, huh? I had a feeling she had a thing for you when I was telling you about my bullying past and stuff, she seemed comfortable, when you hugged us." I giggled.

"When she is gorgeous." Simon said, smiling as he looked at Izzy.

"Wow you are smitten with her aren't you?" I asked.

After awhile a nurse came over to us,

"Are you here to see Jace Wayland?" She asked, we all nodded, "well he's still unconscious but you can still see him, he's stable, but we're not sure when he'll wake up" She explained.

That's when they all looked at me.

"What?" I asked, they gave me a look that said you're probably the only one that's likely to wake him up. I looked back at them and then sighed, "fine I'll go, I don't know why you think I'll wake him up, though." I said, before I started to walk to his room, then someone barged in front of me and ran into Jace's room.

"Oh Jacey baby, what happened, I knew you shouldn't have left me to go somewhere else, I know where you were, you were at that slut, Clary's house weren't you? I don't know why you hang out with her she's such a who-" she cut herself off mid-sentence when I walked in.

"I'm a slut and a whore am I? That's rich coming from you, when you've basically slept around the whole school and now you're going after, who will be you're supposed best friends ex-boyfriend? Ha, no wonder girls like you get pregnant and then end up alone, all you are—and this is a fact— is a slut, a dolled-up with make-up that makes you look orange, slut! Now if you really cared about Jace, you wouldn't say things to him like that to someone who is his friend. So either say something nice or don't say anything at all and get out!" She screamed in frustration and stormed out of the room.

I looked at Jace and how he was unconscious I breathed heavily before walking over to the chair beside his bed...

"Jace, I need to tell you the full story of my past, so here it goes..." I said as I started the full story of my past...

A/N: hope you enjoyed! My last cliff-hanger was really evil to say the least and people thought i was going to kill Jace. I would never kill Jace, 1. He's like one of my favourite characters, 2. He's gorgeous in the film, tv show and in the book and 3. Clace is one of my top OTPs so I would never destroy especially since one or two of my OTPs sunk a long time ago, people who have read other stories I've wrote based on this OTP know that even though they've sunk I will never ever give up on them, like ever (well at least I used to say that) and I'm sticking to that with at least one out of the two OTPs that have sunk in my time of being a fangirl. So see you in the next chapter and I hope you won't be mad with this cliff-hanger at least not as mad as the previous cliff-hanger :)