Chapter 1 Heartbreaker

Clary's POV

"Clarissa Fray, get up now, you're going to be late for your first day of school." My mum said as she shook me awake. I groaned and said,

"Five more minutes!"

"Do you really want me to get the bucket of water to wake you up?" I suddenly sat up looking at her,

"You wouldn't." She just smirked,

"Oh but I would." She said, "or do you want me to get your brother instead to do it?" She asked. I raised my hands in surrender,

"Alright, alright, I'm up." I said, and got out of bed.

I sighed as I got dressed. I was going to a new school because I wasn't fitting in at my old one. I was always the one that wanted to sketch instead of hang out with friends, sad I know but everyone's different in their own way, right? Anyway because I wasn't fitting in, my mom decided it was time for a change and let's face it, for me my old school wasn't getting me anywhere.

As I finally finished getting dressed, I looked in the mirror, I had always been self conscious — another reason I left my old school was because I was getting bullied, not that much, but my mom being paranoid decided that I should change schools so that it wasn't the same — I never thought myself as beautiful, it was my mum that was the beautiful one, no one had ever called me beautiful. Ever.

As I sorted myself out, a honk came from outside, it was my brother. Sebastian. I ran downstairs, hugged my mom goodbye and walked out the door before getting into my brother's car.

"You look nice Clary. Why are you looking so...?" He trailed off,

"So what? Slutty?" I asked, he shook his head,

"No! I wasn't gonna say that I was going to say, why do you look so different?" He said, "why do you always think the worst of me Clary? You know I'd never be rude to or about you." I sighed,

"Sorry, I guess I just don't wanna be judged..." I replied, not looking at him, he sighed as he started to drive us to school.

Sebastian had been to this school for about a year, it was my mom that wanted to transfer me to this school because at least I had my brother, and since I'm younger than Sebastian I couldn't attend this school straight away — well technically when I tried to get into the school before there was no room so I managed to get into my old one instead — but now I can attend I'm happy, because at least, I thought it would be good for me.

When we arrived at school, I was daydreaming, Sebastian snapped me out of my thoughts by waving his hand in front of me and saying,

"Yoo hoo, Clary! Anyone in there?" When he did that, I looked at him.

"Wha-huh?"

"We're here Clary, come on let's go in." He said, I smiled got out of the car. When I did I saw people staring at me, one in particular, a boy with blond hair and — wait is that, yep — golden eyes. I looked at my brother,

"Why are they are looking at me?" I asked, he smiled,

"'Cause Clary you're the new girl, and people love the new kids."

Oh no I thought.

"Relax," he said, as if he read my mind, then again he's my brother, "they won't bully you, they know not to bully you,"

"Seb, what did you tell them, why won't they bully me? Did you tell them?" I started to get angry, but he shook his head, "they're my friends, I told them you were transferring here and told them to back off, though I'm saying this for a reason Clary. Keep away from him." He pointed to the golden eye boy, "that's Jace Wayland, he's the school heart-throb, and he's my best friend. Clary, please stay away from him if you know what's good for you?" He asked, I nodded, not really listening.

Jace.

Golden eye boy.

Hot.

Heart-throb.

"He may be my best friend, but he's a heartbreaker Clary I don't want to see you getting hurt okay?" He asked, I nodded,

"Okay."

Jace Wayland - heartbreaker and heart-throb.

'Would this day get worse?' I thought.

And of course it only did get worse from there...

A/N: okay so I've decided to do 2 chapters in Clary's POV and 2 in Jace's so it'll change every 2 chapters and I'll try for Jace's to do the first 2 chapters in his point of view or seeing clary for the first time in his point of view or whatever, I hope you're enjoying it so far, like I said it's my first clace fanfiction so it's hard. If I've got the same plot as someone else please tell me, because I'd hate of being accused of stealing someone's story when I haven't read it or something like that. Please Vote and comment if you like it, also since this was written last yea I'm only just putting it up its pre-written so there is a sequel but it's not finished yet but I'm not uploading all the chapters at once I'll see how it goes first and see if I'll continue putting it up.