Unforgivable Curse

"Come on, its time for the... thing I mentioned." Fred smiles, taking my hand and dragging me through the school halls.

"What about the party for Harry?" I ask. Everyone is celebrating because Harry ended up placing second, even though he returned last, because he returned with not only his treasure, but Fleur's as well.

"This is more important." Fred says simply as we reach our destination, the kitchens. I roll my eyes as Fred tickles the pear. Fred has brought me here countless times, why would this be special? This was probably his way of tricking me into helping carry food for the party.

The pear turns into a green doorknob and we walk through the doorway to find Lani, McKenna, and George waiting with a birthday cake.

"What?" I ask mostly myself.

"Its your birthday party, Nessa." Fred explains, rolling his eyes

"Oh." I say quietly, I had forgotten my birthday was today, honestly I think I tried to forget, its too painful to think of my birthday, when Bellatrix and Voldemort welcomed me into the world. But I don't want to tell them that, they've obviously put a lot of work into this, there are streamers and exploding confetti all around the kitchens, and they've even transfigured the pillow cases worn by the house elves to take on my favorite colors, emerald green and white.

"You don't like it?" Lani asks, obviously a little hurt.

"No, its amazing, I just forgot it was my birthday." I say, laughing with the others at my statement.

"Well its a good thing we didn't. Lets eat!" George exclaims.

And with that, George cuts the cake, giving me, and himself, an extra big slice. We spend a few hours eating and laughing. I try my best to forget my parents and just enjoy myself with my friends.

Fred explains why he was acting so strangely on Christmas was because he was already planning this, and that also why they were missing yesterday.

"But you've been working on this since December? Its February! You spent two months planning this?" I ask in amazement.

"Yeah, thought it'd take your mind off of... you know..." George says awkwardly.

"We would never just ditch you." Lani points out, obviously eager to change the subject.

Fred nods and kisses my cheek. I roll my eyes and stand on tiptoe to peck him on the lips. Fred smirks at me and pulls me to him, his arms wrapping around my waist. The kiss is short, though, as its interrupted by a disgusted George.

"Okay we're thrilled you're together, but don't do that in front of us. I especially don't want to see it. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go wash out my eyes..." George groans, heading for the door.

"Oh shut it." Fred rolls his eyes at his twin.

After everyone is full, we return to the common room where the party for Harry still hasn't stopped. I stay a few minutes to show my support, and then decide to take a nap in my dorm, as we all have school again tomorrow, but someone puts a hand on my shoulder. I turn around, expecting it to be Fred telling me to stay for the party, but am surprised to see Katie Bell standing behind me.

"Hello?" I say, as if its a question.

"I em, just wanted to say I'm sorry for treating you like that. It uh, it doesn't matter who your parents are, because I know you aren't evil." She says quietly.

"Thanks, that means a lot." I say with a laugh, Katy laughs too. "But really, don't worry about it. Its in the past."

Katie nods and walks away. I turn around, once again heading for the girls stairs, but someone else grabs my hand, pulling me back. I turn around, and this time I actually do see Fred.