The Meeting

I sigh, leaving Divination class, alone. I don't know why I'm even taking divination. I didn't take it in my third year, why should I take it now? I needed one more class, I suppose. It's driving me crazy though, It's a load of nonsense. Professor Trelawny is ridiculous with her dreamy voice and always-misty eyes. She always seems to think I'm headed for death as well,which doesn't make me like her any more. I start down the spiral staircase, muttering to myself about my dream journal homework. I have an hour before dinner, so i decide to go to the Gryffindor common room.

When I reach the fat lady, I immediately say "balderdash", and she swings the door open. I climb through the portrait hole and take a seat on a couch, pulling my homework out of my bag and laying it out on a small coffee table in front of the couch. I decide to do the dream journal first, to get it out of the way.

Since I usually don't have dreams, I make something up, honestly not caring if I got a good grade. I will not be taking this class again. George sits down next to me.

"Working on my essay?" He asks

"Nope, making up fake dreams. I'm not doing that by the way. I might help you, but I won't write it for you." I answer

"I told you you shouldn't have taken divination. It's a load of dung." George smiles, ignoring the last part of my comment.

"My thoughts exactly." I say. Fred sits down on my other side.

"Working on my essay?" He asks

"I just had this conversation. Ask your other half." I say, rolling my eyes. I really need to get my homework done and they keep interrupting me. Fred and George look at each other for a moment, and then burst out laughing. I swear there's something wrong with their brains. Were they thrown against a wall as children?

I manage to get the majority of my homework done before dinner, even with Fred and George distracting me. I sigh and gather up the papers that are spread around on the small table in front of the couch.

At dinner, I sit with Lani and McKenna, wanting to get away from the boys. We start talking about how McKenna got detention with Snape for the rest of the week.

"What did you do?" I ask. It must have happened after I finished and left the classroom.

"He said my potion looked worse than any potion he'd ever seen before. He said it looked absolutely terrible, and then I said ' so do you'. It was funny, really, but I don't want to be scrubbing floors all week because of it." She answers with a small smile. McKenna is like that, she always has something to say, and she always manages to find trouble, whereas Lani is more of the insane, overly smart type. The boys come over to talk and we fill them in on McKenna's detention, they think it's hilarious. I notice that George's eyes keep landing on McKenna, and then flickering away. Now, that is interesting...

After dinner, I go up to the girls dorm and finish the rest of my homework. By the time I get it done, it's 10:03. I put everything away and head down to the common room.

"You're late" George says

"Only three minutes" I protest

"You're still late." George winks at me, I roll my eyes.

"So you said the meeting was about new products right? Should we get started?" I ask, ignoring George's statement.

"Yes and yes." Lee says.

"Alright then so do you have any ideas for products?" Fred asks me.

"Well I was thinking you should expand from just candies that get you out of class, to things targeted for specific customers. I have a few ideas that I know girls, specifically, would love." I say

"Interesting. What are your ideas?" George asks

"Well I was thinking we could make candies that would change your hair color for a day, or that would make you smell a certain way." I say, the boys laughing at my last idea.

"That would make you smell good." I clarify

"Brilliant!" Lee exclaims. "Girls always go crazy for those sorts of products. We could make a fortune."

Fred and George whisper to each other for a moment. "We agree." They finally say, at the same time, of course.

"Alright, what are your ideas?" I ask anyone willing to answer.

"Well I was thinking we could make hats that have an invisibility spell on them so that when you put them on, your head would disappear." Fred says

"And what good would having no head do?" I ask, chuckling.

"You would still have a hea-" Fred starts, but i cut him off.

"I know, I know. But I mean, what purpose would having an invisible head serve?" I ask, rephrasing

"It would be funny. We could call them headless hats." Fred says

"Okay..." I laugh.

Throughout the night, the four of us go back and forth, talking about ideas. By midnight, we are all ready for bed. I hug each one of my odd friends, and head off to bed.