Pranking Filch

At lunch, all anyone can talk about is tonight, when students can start putting their names in the goblet of fire. Fred and George have asked me to help them create an aging potion, so that they can ATTEMPT to enter the tournament. I personally think that the potion won't make a difference, but I decide to humor them, maybe they will learn something.

After lunch, I have a free hour, so I work on the potion, deciding to do my homework after dinner.

*

The day passes slowly, the potion has been coming along nicely, but it won't be ready until tomorrow morning. When I tell the boys this in Charms class, they aren't very happy, but I'm sure if they had to make it themselves, it wouldn't be ready at least until next week, and then it would be too late... and knowing them, it also wouldn't be made correctly.

I walk down the halls of the large castle, going to the Great Hall for dinner. Everyone else is already there, but Professor Trelawny asked me to stay after class to discuss my dream journal, she has "been very impressed with the quality of my work". I can't really take her seriously anymore, seeing as I've made up every single dream in my journal... not that I ever really did take her seriously.

When I reach the Great Hall, I move towards the Gryffindor table, towards Harry, Ron, and Hermione, but they quickly move together so that I can't sit with them. I forgot, they still think that I'm associated with Lord Voldemort, even though I've known them since their first year. I don't understand how Harry has just decided that I make his scar hurt. Honestly, I've known him for four years.

I sigh and walk down the table a ways until I find Lani and McKenna, and sit next to them.

It feels like it takes a lifetime for the food to turn to dessert, and then disappear. When this finally happens, Dumbledore stands and gives a few announcements, including the fact that after dinner, students that are of age can put their name in the goblet of fire.

Immediately after Dumbledore sits down, there are students making their way to the goblet, each holding a slip of paper with their name on it.

After we have watched students putting their papers in the goblet for a fair amount of time, Fred, George, Lee, Lani, McKenna, and I go back to the Gryffindor common room. While everyone else is watching Fred and George as they boast about putting their names in the goblet tomorrow, I sit on a couch by the fireplace, and start on my homework. Because I missed yesterday's afternoon classes, I have extra work to do.

After a few hours, almost everyone has gone up to their dorms, but I am still working on homework. It's almost midnight, and I'm practically falling asleep. In a matter of minutes, I'm dozing off.

*

"Was she out here all night?"

"It looks like it."

"Should we wake her up?"

Muffled voices whisper all around me. I slowly open my eyes, revealing my friends standing in a circle around me. I'm still lying on the couch where I fell asleep last night, my homework still scattered around, most of it unfinished.

"Well good morning you sleeping beauty." Fred says when I open my eyes.

"Morning, Maleficent." I smile at him.

"What's a maleeffiscent?" Fred asks his twin confusedly. George just shrugs in return.

I laugh before I stand and push past my friends and head to my dorm, Lani and McKenna follow.

"Why were you out there all night?" Lani asks when we reach our dorm.

"Because I was catching up on homework, and I fell asleep. If I hadn't agreed to make the aging potion for Fred and George, I may actually have homework to turn in today." I say, pulling some clean robes out of my trunk and heading to the bathroom.

I take a shower and dress in my robes before I brush through my tangled hair, and straighten it with a flick of my wand. When I emerge from the bathroom, everyone is already gone so I head down to the Great Hall by myself.

When I get there, I sit between Fred and McKenna at the Gryffindor table.

"Hey, Ness, would you be interested in helping Georgie and I prank Filch this afternoon?" Fred says when I sit down.

"Sure, what are we doing?" I ask

"Let's just say it's going to involve dung bombs." Fred answers, sharing a grin with his twin.

*

"Three... Two... One!" George says, obviously excited.

We watch, hidden behind the door to Filch's office, as Filch walks down the hall, and is met by dozens of exploding dung bombs. The three of us explode with laughter, watching Filch cursing like a fiend and looking for the students responsible, and it doesn't take him long to find them.

He finds us laughing behind his office door and a look of triumph replaces the miserable expression he was hosting only moments before.

"You three are in big trouble!" He says, grabbing our arms and pulling us inside his office.

*

We end up getting detention for three days, I suppose it could have been worse, but it was worth it anyhow. The look on Filch's face was priceless. After leaving his office, we return to the Gryffindor common room and I give Fred and George two flasks full of aging potion, then three of us go to the Great Hall together for lunch.

Fred and George barely eat, they are too excited. I don't really understand why this tournament thing is so important, but I guess it's a big deal in the wizarding world, which I have limited access to because I live with my muggle family.

After the food disappears, Fred and George each write their names on a slip of paper and head towards the goblet of fire.

"This ladies and gentlemen, is an aging potion, we cooked it up this morning." George says to the circle of students watching.

"Actually, I cooked it up yesterday." I mutter under my breath.

"And we are going to use it to put our names in the goblet." Fred finishes his brother's sentence.

"Do you know what that is?!?" Hermione breaks in, pointing to the blue circle that surrounds the goblet, "It's an an age line. Dumbledore created it himself. Do you really think that an aging potion can trick it?"

"Well I suppose we will find out, eh?" Fred says, smiling at Hermione.

The twins share a look before holding up their flasks. "Bottoms up!" they cry out before chugging the silvery potion.

When they have consumed every drop, they jump inside the age line and... nothing happens.

"Yes!" The twins say at the same time.

They saunter up to the goblet and drop their slips of paper into the flames. They high five each other, earning a huge round of applause, but apparently not noticing that the flames are turning an angry purple color. All of a sudden, the goblet spits out their papers and they are thrown out of the circle. When they sit up and look at each other, they realize that they both have white beards, and eyebrows. They resemble Dumbledore a bit.

"YOU SAID!"

"YOU SAID!"

The twins yell at each other, and then Fred tackles George and they both begin rolling around on the ground, fighting.

"Actually, I said." I say quietly with a smile.

"Fight! Fight! Fight!" the students who were watching start chanting, that is, until Viktor Krum walks up to the goblet.

When this happens, there is immediate silence, and Fred and George stop fighting. Viktor drops his slip of paper into the goblet, and as fast as he came, he is gone.

AN: Whew! That took me a long time! I think this is my longest chapter yet. :) I just wanted to say that I haven't had the book with me lately, so I don't have exact quotes, but I've been going by what I remember, so I'm sorry If I got some of the conversations wrong, but I can always fix them later.