Dream or Nightmare?

AN: The beginining of this chapter is Vanessa's dream. Just though I'd say that now to avoid any confusion. Happy reading.

-

"Just take her hand and apparate. It'll be easier if she's asleep." Someone whispers from above me.

I open my eyes just enough to see the hooded and masked figures huddled around my bed. I close my eyes again as one of the figures reaches down and grabs my hand. Before we can apparate, I sit up, pulling my wand out from beneath my robes and wrenching my hand away from the hooded figure.

"Stupefy!" I yell as my attackers draw their wands as well.

"Crucio!" One of the hooded attackers yells this unforgiveable curse, and while I am writhing around on my bed in pain, he grabs my hand and we apparate.

I feel suddenly nausious. It feels like I'm being pulled in six different directions, and then pushed back together again.

Finally, we land in a dusty old room. There are no lights on, and my attackers seem to have vanished. All of a sudden, there's a stream of light shining on one person in the middle of the room. Voldemort.

My first thought is 'how does he have a body?', but I push the question aside. I have other things to worry about.

"Join me." Voldemort says, his voice a harsh whisper.

"Never!" I exclaim, turning away from the dark lord and looking for a way out of the room.

"Join me, or he dies." Voldemort rephrases.

I'm about to ask 'who?', but when I turn around, Voldemort is not the only one in the room anymore. Another stream of light shines down on Bellatrix Lestrange, who is pointing her wand at someone who has been bound and gagged. Fred.

I watch him, struggling against the chains that hold him. I can't let him die, but will my joining my father be any better for him? He catches my eye and frantically shakes his head. Telling me to let him die. I look away, I can't do that.

"Fine." I say through gritted teeth. "What would you have me do?"

"Bring me Harry Potter."

I wake with a start, sitting bolt upright, shaking uncontrollably. The room comes into focus, and I see Lani and McKenna sitting on either side of me with worried expressions.

"Oh thank Merlin!" I say, rubbing my tear-soaked eyes. Of course it was just a dream... or a nightmare.

"Are you okay?" Lani asks, standing up.

"Yeah. Just a nightmare." I say, breathing heavily.

"We got back from lunch, and found you writhing around on your bed. It was terrifying, we thought you were having a seizure." McKenna says, now standing as well.

"Well, I'm alright now." I say, "Let's do something. Anything, to get my mind off of... you know."

"Alright. We could get on our revenge on Fred and George. I reckon it's about time anyway." McKenna says, a mischievous glint in her eyes.

"Let's do it." I say with a grin.

*

"Alright, have you got it?" McKenna asks.

"Of course." I say, holding up the vial of clear potion.

"Right. Now, you know what to do?" McKenna asks as we head down to the great hall for dinner.