Detentions

AN: Starting now, I will be writing in the perspectives of people other than Vanessa.

VANESSA'S POV:

"Make sure you polish every inch!" Filch instructs, inspecting a trophy that I had finished polishing only moments ago.

I let a sigh escape my lips. Detention is bad enough already, but add Filch, who loves punishing children, into the equation, that's when it becomes torture. Fred and George are scrubbing the floors on their hands and knees while I polish every trophy in the school.

It's been four hours already, and I'm not even half way done. The twins have scrubbed the floors in five rooms so far, I haven't seen them in hours. I have no idea how much longer we have to suffer through this, but I hope we're done soon.

*(one hour later)*

Filch finally tells us that we are free to go. It's eleven pm, and I am absolutely exhausted. Halfway to the Gryffindor common room, I collapse against a wall, my feet refuse to hold me up any longer.

"Are you ok?" Fred and George ask at the same time. They have both stopped walking.

"Y-Yeah I'm fine." I say with a yawn.

"No. you're not." Fred says. He walks over to me, picks me up, and carries me to the Gryffindor common room. By the time we get there, I've fallen asleep.

FRED'S POV:

"Nessa?" I ask softly, getting no response. "She's asleep. What do I do? I can't take her to her dormitory, the stairs will turn into a slide. And I'm not just going to leave her out here."

"I don't know. Maybe wake her up?" George suggests

"No, I can't do that." I say, looking down into the face of my friend. I wish there was more between us than friendship...

"Why not?" George asks

"McKenna told me she hasn't been sleeping much lately, this could be the first time she has slept in a while." I answer

"The only other thing you could do is take her to our dorm, but there isn't an extra bed so I don't know where she would sleep except in one of our beds." George says, smiling at me mischieviously.

"That's fine. She can sleep in my bed. I'll sleep on the floor." I say, ignoring his suggestion.

I carry Vanessa up the stairs to our dorm, George walking next to me.

When we reach our dorm, George opens the door and I set Vanessa on my bed and pull the blankets over her. I grab a few extra blankets and pillows from the closet and set them out on the floor next to my bed.

I climb into my makeshift bed and fall asleep.

VANESSA'S POV:

My eyes flutter open momentarily, taking in my surroundings quickly before closing again. I don't know how I got here, but I'm laying in my dorm, only I didn't see Lani or McKenna... But I did see a head of short orange hair. Wait a moment...

My eyes open again, all the way this time, and I see that I'm not in my dorm at all, but in the boys dormitory. I sit up, looking around. None of the boys are up yet, and either Fred or George is on the floor. I can't tell from the angle I'm in, I can only see the back of their head.

I lay back down. How did I get here? The last thing I remember is collapsing against the wall and Fred carrying me... Oh that's right. I fell asleep in his arms, how embarassing. He must have brought me up here, not wanting to wake me. I feel a pang of guilt course through me as I realize that one of the twins gave up their bed for me.