12- Tutor

12- Tutor

The past two days of my suspension have been uneventful. Keith got scared of my mom; that she'll show up in my dorm so he didn't come over anymore, instead we've been face timing each other for the whole day since day 2 of our suspension.

Today me and Keith are back to regular classes and what do you know, I have math first thing in the morning.

"Good job Beverly for having a 95% in our unit test," Mr. Franklin stopped in front of my desk and handed me back my A+ test.

"Thank you sir," I smiled at him and he grinned at me. No, I'm not bribing my teachers, nor am I flirting with Mr. Hottie to get this grade. This all came from my own sweat and blood and has nothing to do with favouritism, but some may think so.

"Okay class, now that you received your test, please take time to correct your wrong answers..." Mr. Hottie told us and the entire class stood up to walk around and compare their answers with one another.

Kent walked passed me with his test in hand as he confronted Mr. Franklin about his grade. All I can hear were murmurs and nodding from either my math teacher or Kent and they seemed to understand one another.

When Kent turned around, he had a grin on his face and he winked at me before walking back to his seat.

"Mr. Wood, you will switch seats with Mr. Arnold's," Mr. Hottie announced and I snapped my gaze to Kent who was making his way towards our table with all his stuff.

"But why? I like my seat," Thomas, the guy that sits beside me smirked, so I grinned, flirting back.

"Sorry Mr. Wood, switch please," my teacher said. Thomas huffed out a breath before taking all his belongings with him.

"Later Beverly," he shot me a wink before throttling to the back where Kent used to sit.

"Hi neighbour," Kent said cheerily as he took the seat beside me.

"How'd you made him switch your seats?" I asked confused and he smirked.

"With my charms of course." He teased but I looked at him with a blank expression on my face.

"I'm serious Kent," I said without any hint of rumour. He pulled out his test and showed me his grade; 53 %. I gasped and looked at him wide eyed. Mom would kill me if I ever get a 70 or as low as 53% in my test.

"I told him I need help with math with one of the best students who got a 90% in their test and he agreed on moving me next to you so you could help me," he grinned evilly and I rolled my eyes. What a smart ass.

"That's 95% btw," I countered, leaning back on my chair.

"95 it is," he smirked, placing his arm behind the back of the chair and resting it on my shoulder as he tugged me closer to him.

Mr. Franklin gave us notes for the rest of the class about calculus and I just copied half of it because my hand got tired and just gawked at my teacher as he explained. I'll just ask someone or mom for the notes later on.

The bell finally rang and everyone left the classroom except for me and Kent. I was about to go when Mr. Hottie stopped me.

"Can I have a word Ms. Gilmore," Mr. Franklin said with his deep voice. He seemed to hold me back every time after class, I mean I just got back today. I nodded and sauntered over to him.

"What's up Mr. Ho-Franklin?!" I almost gave out my nickname then my neck heat up. Ohmigawd! He quirk his brows and I chuckled nervously. Gosh Beverly!

"Anyways, Mr. Arnolds talked to me and was concerned about his grade, I personally recommended you as a tutor if that's alright after school, if that's okay with you," he continued anyways and when I looked around, Kent was gone. That sneaky ass of a guy!