Arrival and a welcome party

Start from the beginning

I walked back out to find everyone already in cars waiting for me. George stood there by the door and pulled me into a comforting embrace. I silently cried all the way to the airport.

I was scared and nervous at the same time, fear of being accepted, nervous of making mistakes. The kids ignored me, all they did was talk about what they'd do as soon as they got there. They were already looking forward to making friends and starting school.

Josh kissed the tip of my nose and that was all the assurance I needed. With him by side I was going to withstand any storm.

Since my pilots are humans, they were not coming with us. We got one of the George's pilot to fly my jet. So yes we all piled into two jets for the eight hours trip. Was sad to say goodbye to Amrita but I promised to call and have her over once we were settled down.

I had called mother and father to apologise profusely about being unable to see them and bid them farewell. I promised to invite them for the wedding when a date is set. They said it was imperative they talked to me in person and that there was some secret they needed to tell me.

"George do you think I look presentable? I know I'll be meeting quite a lot of people and first impression really counts and matters. I wasn't worried before but I'm suddenly nervous". I told him biting my bottom lip unconsciously. We were ten minutes from landing.

"Oh darling, you and I know how trendy you are. What you've got on is more than suitable for traveling. You can throw on your blazer if it makes you feel any better. But the weather is extremely hot today." He responded kissing me.

I had on a simple black sleeveless blouse and three quarter pant, stiletto heels and a bag. My hair was down. So this was me looking as casual as I possibly could.

I wanted to look out of the window but he won't let me saying it was a surprise, the kids were not allowed to look either. I just sat there pouting while they grumbled on and on about missing all the interesting things out there.

We landed at last thank the heavens. We could hear shouting and screaming coming from a lot of people as we walked towards the arrival gates. The first thing I noticed though was this was the best airport I've ever seen or been in and that says something, since I tend to travel a lot.

Everything about it was top notch. Technology and whatever one could think of. I was still in awe of my surrounding when George took my hand. " What do you think so far?" He asked.

"It's amazing, clean not a speck of dirt, and the technology looks ten years ahead of the human world." I said in awe.

"Yes it's actually seven years ahead, that's one of the many ways I made my fortune."

I looked at Josh and the kids as the took in everything they saw. "What's on your mind Josh?"

"So far, I like it mother. Now since I like the place lets hope I like the people." He said with all the seriousness he could muster up.

Miss Karen and the others have joined us they landed before we did. You could feel their excitement coming off them in waves. "Miss Karen, what's all that screaming and shouting I hear?" She just smiled and said,

"You'll find out soon enough." Argh I needed to know what I was walking into. So I just walked with them while the guards surrounded us.

When the doors finally opened there were thousands of people out there waving at us. I thought it was strange until George explained they were only told of our arrival this morning and they had to to see their queen and the royal children.

They've waited a long time for this day to come, and now it was finally here. Children were given the day off school if they wanted. And there was partying through the day.