Chapter 22

AN: The end has come fellow Klaroline lovers. Point out any mistakes please.

Klaus POV

I have no idea how to react to that. "Caroline.." I run upstairs, remembering why we actually did that ritual. I bust into my room and there she is. Caroline is still in my bed, but she's sitting up this time. Her eyes immediately connect with mine, "Nik!" She gets up to run toward me but she stumbles. I flash to her side and help move her back to the bed, "You're weak love, you must rest."

I put her on the bed and pull the covers up over her. "I'm going to go get you a blood bag." I say and exit the room. I go to the kitchen and grab a few bags out of the refrigerator. I always have some stored just in case. Elijah walks into the room, "How is Miss Forbes?"

I nod, "She's fine." I go to walk out of the room but he stops me, "Are we going to discuss this?" I sigh, "There is nothing to discuss Elijah, Caroline is alive and the witch is dead." I went to walk again but Elijah grabbed my arm, "Niklaus, that woman gave up her life so that you could live. She gained nothing. At least show some gratitude." He let go of me and walked out.

I ignored his words and just went back to Caroline. She was pacing when I walked in. I quickly placed the blood bags down and went over to her, "I told you to rest. You need to relax and get your strength back." She looked up at me with tears in her eyes, "What's wrong Caroline?" I ask as I wipe some tears away.

She sniffles, "She's dead because of me." I give her a confused look, "Who?" She pulls away from me and wraps her arms around herself, "Tanisha. I heard you and Elijah downstairs. She died saving me." I didn't want to lie to her, it would be useless anyway. "I can't tell you that you're wrong, no matter how much I want to because I can see how much this hurts you. Yes she died doing a spell that would save you, but it was her decision. She wasn't forced or compelled, she decided this Caroline. She knew of the possible consequences, every witch knows that spells don't always go the way you want them too and that things can and will go wrong."

She took a deep breath and nodded, "Okay, you're right." I smiled and went to hug her. She put her hand up, "I'm still pissed at you." I raise my eyebrow, "I ask my witch to save your life and you're pissed at me?" She scoffed, "Really Nik? So did you just forget about compelling me to forget you?! Or how about killing one of my best friends!" She walks closer and closer to me as she screams. She stops in front of me and starts hitting my chest, crying, "Or what about the worst one, doing a spell that would kill you in order to save me! I...I told you no!"

I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her to my chest. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. You don't know how much I hate myself for what I did to you." I pushed her back a little so that I could see her face. I wiped some more of her tears, "What I will never apologize for is saving you Caroline. I will not apologize for sacrificing myself and that witch because in my eyes, you come before everyone else. Your life's most important, even more important than my own. I would do anything for you, that includes dying."

She shakes her head, "I know, and that's what scares me the most." I look at her confused and she pulls away from me. "You killed one of my best friends and you know what? I'm mad at you for that, I really am, but I know that I'll forgive you. You kill people when you're upset and you carry your family around in boxes because at some point in time they've either hurt or disappointed you. And I still love you. I love you so much and it's killing me because what type of person am I that I can forgive all of that?!"

I try to comfort her but she keeps pushing me away, "Love please.." She shakes her head, "What's wrong with me?" I didn't know that I was also crying until I felt the tears roll down my face, I did this to her. "Nothing's wrong with you, you're perfect." She laughs, "I'm far from perfect." I walk up to her and stroke her cheek, "You're perfect Caroline, I know you don't see it, but I do. You're beautiful, you're strong, you're full of light, and I love you." Then I kissed her.