Chapter 18

AN: And the drama continues.

Caroline POV

I've locked myself up in my room for the past day or two. I don't really know for sure how much time has passed. Everything bleeds together when you do nothing but lay in your and sob like a baby. I keep reliving all of the moments I shared with Ni-I mean Klaus. I keep trying to pinpoint the moment I fell for him, because that's the moment it all went wrong.

For some reason I can't seem to find it. Being with him felt natural from the start, familiar even. Just right. I was actually thinking at one point that the dreams and visions of those moments of us together were a sign. But then I remembered how it was just Klaus playing with my head.

He is a psychopath, so of course he'd want to play with my mind before he kills me. The only thing I don't understand is why he had to make me fall for him. Why do the bad people always have to make you feel? They always want you to love them, then they break your heart before killing you. Or trying to at least.

I hear knocking at my door and groan in frustration as I go to answer it. When I open the door I stare at the person in front of me in confusion, "Um, how may I help you?" The girl stood in front of me is panting, she obviously ran here. "Car-Caroline I nee-need your help." She takes in one huge breath and lets it out before standing up straight. Her face turns serious, "I need your help to stop my mother from killing Klaus."

I actually laugh at her. Her face hardens and she pushes past me, walking right into my house. "What the hell do you find so funny?!" I stopped laughing and crossed my arms over my chest, "Why would I help you? Last time I checked Klaus was trying to kill my best friend to break his stupid curse."

She looked at me, saddened, and shook her head, "You don't understand. You don't understand him, he-" I scoffed, "What I understand is that no matter what you do Klaus is going to die. Mikael is here and he's going to kill that monster once and for all." It amazed me that I could say all of that without breaking down. Yes I wanted scream, cry, and do whatever it would take to help this girl save the man I love, but I couldn't. He made it very clear how he feels about me and that he wants me dead. Killing him is for the best. At least, that's what I keep telling myself.

"What are you talking about? Mikael's here?!" I sighed, what was up with this girl? "You have no idea what you've done." I looked at her confused, "What are you talking about?" She looked at me before looking around the house. She started pacing and mumbling things to herself. When she started pulling at her own hair I decided to say something, "Look you-" I never got to finish.

She came toward me, grabbed my head and started mumbling some words. I couldn't hear what she was saying. I couldn't hear anything really. Pictures and moments flashed through my mind at the speed of light. I felt as if my mind was being torn apart and put back together at the same time.

I screamed and fell to my knees, but her hands still gripped my head. I wanted to pull away, I tried to pull away, but I couldn't. When she finally let go of my head I fell on my side, my body shaking slightly. The pain only increased. I've never felt something this horrible in my entire life. I grabbed my head, pulling at my hair, screaming.

I don't know how long the pain lasted, but there were two things that I was sure of when it was over.

I was in love with Niklaus Mikaelson and I was going to kick his ass for compelling me.